Capitol Armory ad

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Acera,
    Have you got the dates that go with those CTD ads?

No, but the web is full of them. Search Cheaper Than Dirt price gouging and a few pages will appear under the images. That is where these came from. Don't know if you can dive deeper into the image and get the date or not. My best guess is the year following Sandy Hook, as that is when they seem to have solidified their repetition as trash.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Still state schools, so they are relatively a good bargain. Check out SMU, Rice, Baylor, TCU, Southwestern, Trinity, etc. if you want to pay and pay.....................all of those start in the 30K per year and go up.
    I know. Out of the love of my wallet and bank I don't consider those schools or the k-8 academies/religion schools an option.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    You must be Magna cum laude.

I bet you have no problem tackling light bulb installation.

Speaking of Aggie (off topic) Bad Deals:

View attachment 30837

Warning- NSFW

I'm good at changing light bulbs. I just hire guys from Texas and Tech who are still looking for work with their degrees. lol

I paid for my own school. It is expensive, but it's been a no brainier investment for me.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas

Did you read that? Pretty sketchy IMHO.

What does it take to deliver the fourth best ROI out of all colleges in America? Let’s put it this way: Texas A&M students will pay around $5,297 in tuition and fees (a very small amount, relatively speaking) during their education but will go on to make an average starting salary of $50,200 and $568,900 over 30 years.

Question 1, '$5,297 in tuition and fees ' really? Is that semester, yearly or total? Something not right.

Question 2, 'go on to make an average starting salary of $50,200 and $568,900 over 30 years.' Huh?? If I start out at $50K a year that is $500K in ten years right? So for years 10-30 after my TAMU education I am only going to earn me $68,900 or an average of less than $3,450 a year?? WTF. (Or I guess that they figure out what crap I learned and cut my salary each year after the first one trying to get me to quit, but since I can't find another job...................... :) )

Me thinks the aggie that wrote the article is the one that the jokes are about.

Last edited:

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America

Question 1, '$5,297 in tuition and fees ' really? Is that semester, yearly or total? Something not right.

Question 2, 'go on to make an average starting salary of $50,200 and $568,900 over 30 years.' Huh?? If I start out at $50K a year that is $500K in ten years right? So for years 10-30 after my TAMU education I am only going to earn me $68,900 or an average of less than $3,450 a year?? WTF. (Or I guess that they figure out what crap I learned and cut my salary each year after the first one trying to get me to quit, but since I can't find another job...................... :) )

1. That's per semester. I paid that a few years back.

2. Utah people -
    TexasCollegesCentral.com is a division of One on One Marketing LLC
    3098 Executive Parkway, Suite 300, Lehi, UT 84043

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi

That 5 k probably for 15 credit hours, or a semester. That's not including room and board. Books. Probably does have all the fees.

Top Bottom