• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Remember that one of the only ways that you lose all constitutional protections is in a public health care emergency. They can detain a person indefinitely, quarantine and take any and all possessions, basically have unlimited powers to stop the threat to public health.

If they get it recognized as a threat to public health, and the violence an emergency, they will be able to wield unprecedented powers against the American people. This is a very real threat in the early stages of being implemented by a smart and very determined enemy to our rights.

Don't take this one lightly guys, it's real.
    Guns International

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    I went to High School in the late 70s. While there I was unaware that our school had a rifle range that was built with the original building. It had never been used during my time there and I am sure most who worked there were unaware as to what that storage area was originally intended as....

What I believe is missing from all education levels is a mandatory skills class, where parenting skills, social skills, first aid skills and cooking as well as basic home/vehicle maintenance are taught. A class that was required for all students that included meeting with different trades, different professionals as well as having to complete projects for the community annually.

Get them involved in the community. Teach them social skills and useful skills.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Borrowing a few words from an old C&W song about Drunks and Doctors and a word switch..."There's more old drunks than there are old Doctors" I am changing to "Theres more old Firearms Owners than there are left wingnut old Doctors so I guess so I'll just fire another round !!!! Load & Lock !!!!

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    This thing about guns being a 'medical' issue isn't new. As has been said, CDC was pushing this baloney out long ago. But this is a foreshadowing. If these gub-mint 'death panels' (as Palin called them) can make decisions on medical regulations absent any checks of the legislative process, they can use this as a ruse to mandate gun control under the 'public health' ruse. Look at how far they've distended the 'commerce clause' of the Constitution. They'll bend the 'public health' banner beyond belief. That's one (though not only by any stretch of the imagination) reason that OBamaCare need to be repealed.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Well first they should ban bath tubs, swimming pools , motor vehicles and doctors. All of those cause more deaths than firearms.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    You don't even have to read the article. "USA Today" is nothing more then a liberal jack rag. It leans so far wacky left. It would fall off a right leaning table.

This band wagon of social disease genre was allied to the idea that being conservative was a mental disorder.

So to show my respect for such a profound publication as USA Today, I post this:

View attachment 15231

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I'm getting to the point where I have trouble respecting doctors...

"The only thing you get from educating a fool is a fool educated."

"Having doctors dictate gun policy is like having the NRA dicate heart surgery policy."

The man is a doctor of the body rather than the mind and his opinion on the matter isn't worth a wooden nickle.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    The man is a doctor of the body rather than the mind and his opinion on the matter isn't worth a wooden nickle.

They use Psychiatrist for this.

Look @ Hawaii's laws for example regarding purchase:

What information will I give?

The following excerpt is from the HRS (retrieved 1/3/2011):

The permit application form shall include the applicant’s name, address, sex, height, weight, date of birth, place of birth, country of citizenship, social security number, alien or admission number, and information regarding the applicant’s mental health history and shall require the fingerprinting and photographing of the applicant by the police department of the county of registration.

What does this mean?
    You will provide the required information in filling out the form, sign a mental health waiver and submit your fingerprints.

What does the mental health waiver mean?

The mental health waiver gives the Chief of Police permission to contact your doctor, if you hold any, and retrieve all information related to your mental well-being. Adverse psychological effects as documented by the APA can become a conflict to acquiring your permit.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Psychiatrists are the docs I have zero respect for. They're not scientists. In a century, people will (hopefully) look back on our psychiatric methods the way we look back on lancets and leeches.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    It's a page out of the Commies books: just declare anyone in the way of your agenda crazy in order to deprive them of liberty or life.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Psychiatrists are the docs I have zero respect for. They're not scientists. In a century, people will (hopefully) look back on our psychiatric methods the way we look back on lancets and leeches.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of psychology? Psychiatrists are medical doctors and know all sorts of things about the effects of chemicals on the brain.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    I went to High School in the late 70s. While there I was unaware that our school had a rifle range that was built with the original building. It had never been used during my time there and I am sure most who worked there were unaware as to what that storage area was originally intended as....

What I believe is missing from all education levels is a mandatory skills class, where parenting skills, social skills, first aid skills and cooking as well as basic home/vehicle maintenance are taught. A class that was required for all students that included meeting with different trades, different professionals as well as having to complete projects for the community annually.

Get them involved in the community. Teach them social skills and useful skills.

When I was in High School we had all those shops classes,Auto, Machine, Wood , Home Ech.and metal shop along with others.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Same story, different language. I don't get what the fuss is about. Not like anyone had any illusions to the idea that liberal policy maker are trying to limit your and my access to firearms. This is just a different tact. They have failed, largely to pass legitimate legislation.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Are you sure you aren't thinking of psychology? Psychiatrists are medical doctors and know all sorts of things about the effects of chemicals on the brain.

Right, but for the most part they have no clue what causes the "diseases" they're "treating", they're fond of prescribing medication "off-label" and the reason I use "" around "diseases" is because many of them aren't. Their diagnoses depend heavily on their opinion of what "normal" is, to the point where anything they consider abnormal (and these docs tend to be very conformist) is viewed as probably stemming from a disease.

The reason I say I hope that future generations will regard these quacks as such is because the quacks might actually win and medicate everybody into compliance with their own views of normality.

I'm saying this as someone with first-hand experience. In middle school I was a patient of both a psychiatrist and psychologist. I was medicated for being "abnormal" and having "problems", when I wasn't the one with the problem, the problem was with the school I attended. In fact, the problem was with the entire public school system and the way it ignores the needs of people who learn "too quickly".

Not long after the Ritalyn, I learned really fast to act as stupid as my peers were. One other lesson I learned is that nothing scares teachers more than a student who's smarter than they are, and they're the ones you have to convince that you're stupid.

Top Bottom