• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Ok, the above probably reads like a rant. Well, it is. I'm pissed at what was done to me when I was a child. There's an NBA player who was diagnosed as ADD (not a real disease, by the way) at 2 1/2 years old and was medicated from then until he decided he wanted to stop meds as an adult.

How can a doctor decide a toddleris ADD? You barely have a personality at 2 1/2! The fact that the psychiatric community didn't rise up and bitch slap the quack who made that diagnosis tells me a lot.

Here I go... loading up another rant. :p

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Part of the problem is drug companies offer unbelievable incentives to get doctors to prescribe drugs. All those free pens and notepads in their offices don't even scratch the surface- I'm talking about free vacations and luxury cruises just to get the pot boiling.

Another problem is the craziest and dumbest psychologist/psychiatrists get peoples attention the most (Dr. Phil, Abbie Hoffman, etc). A lot of psychological theories out there have no weight outside the originators mind and make the field look even worse.

There is much to dislike about the mental health field (you and I share a very similar childhood) but I'll admit there can be a lot of good from it as well if proper discipline and good judgement is practiced.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    There isn't a child on amphetamines whose parents didn't want them on them.

Oh, I know. But I can't blame my parents for it.

After all, when someone whose first name is "Doctor" tells you that Junior needs to be doped out of his mind, most people don't realize that the doc might be full of shit.

My parents had no way to know better (especially since this was pre-internet). The doc who sold them on it, however...

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Yup Mom doped me up from 7th grade till I was 18 then no more. I still have lasting issues from I awkward in social situations sometimes you know when your a zombie there is no need for friends or girl friends or any of that I've gotten better since I've moved here and away from my parents it will take yrs if not the rest of my life to find out who an what I really am. Srry for the bad grammar.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I related in another thread how my friend was beaten to death by two thugs who wanted his Rolex watch. That is the kind of behavior that needs to be addressed. Unfortunately, it's easier to rag on the gun, knife, club or other object that is used as a tool in the violent act. It's far more difficult to deal with the Human behavior that would make killing a 35 year old man over a friggin watch acceptable to the robbers.

Let the criminal go free and lock up the gun. To a Liberal, that makes perfect sense.

Flash

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Every year more and more inane rhetoric come out from the liberal media. When they can't support their statements with hard data they bloat the figures and compare apples to oranges. When they can't sway intelligent debate they resort to hype and emotional prodding. When the focus is turned towards far more relevant subjects they ignore the argument. Our godamn media need to be held to higher standards but how do we decouple them from the governmental leash? That's the root of it. Imagine if our media truly reported facts as opposed to hyperbole... we'd have very boring but very honest news.

I'd take boring any day of the week in this case...

BTW, one of the commenters on that article posted that Freud found the fear of weapons as a sign of stunted sexual and emotional growth. Liberalism too IS a mental disease - a subject that Freud would have loved to analyze.

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    ^^^ media today is owned by corporations that slant the news to promote their own agenda. If you look at who owns the vast majority of the MSM you will find George Soros tied to the bulk of it. From what I have seen and experienced with the die hard liberals that I have met in my life, they have typically been people who have issues in their life's where they are weak and/or not able to control their own destiny. They want, no NEED, someone to take control for them. The ones I know are also the first to screw over others to "get theirs" while denouncing those that have worked hard and made it on their own.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I went to High School in the late 70s. While there I was unaware that our school had a rifle range that was built with the original building. It had never been used during my time there and I am sure most who worked there were unaware as to what that storage area was originally intended as....

What I believe is missing from all education levels is a mandatory skills class, where parenting skills, social skills, first aid skills and cooking as well as basic home/vehicle maintenance are taught. A class that was required for all students that included meeting with different trades, different professionals as well as having to complete projects for the community annually.

Get them involved in the community. Teach them social skills and useful skills.
    When i went to high school
    We had a rifle team a range right smack in the middle of the ground floor!!
    We would shoot at lunch time, and other classes were going on at the time.
    And guess what it was a all black (minus) the 10-15 whites school.
    And the whole time no one was ever shot.
    Ummmmmmm makes ya wonder?

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    ^^^^ This.
    Back when I was in school we had a rifle safety course that taught proper firearms handling, as well as live fire on a range behind the school, and had a shooting team that competed with other schools teams.
    During deer season we all had rifles in our vehicles to go hunting before and after school with. Same during squirrel, pheasant and rabbit season... everyone had shotguns in their trucks to hunt after school with. No one ever got shot, no one even paid attention to the guns in the vehicles and we didn't have to lock our vehicle doors because we knew no one was going to take anything.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    the massive "thug life" population in this country would go on a robbing/killing spree, starting inside the homes of law abiding citizens stripped of their rights.
    The strangest thing happened... Three guys broke into my house, then one of them shot the other two, dropped that gun over there, and then ran off. ;)

Top Bottom