ARJ Defense ad

Backdoor gun grab - Congress pushing for ammo sales background checks and criminalize middlemen

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    U.S. Representative Robert Garcia

“The bottom line is no individual should be buying bulk amounts of ammunition without a federal background check from places like gas stations, pharmacies, and convenience stores."

:laughing: I bet you could count how many actual pharmacies & gas stations actually sell ammo on MY fingers. I'll concede though, you might need one more hand if you are going to count convenience stores.

“If we’re ever going to really take on the gun violence epidemic in this country, we need to regulate ammo accessibility. This bill aims to protect the American public from the devastating violence that occurs when individuals have access to unlimited amounts of weaponry,”

I thought we were talking about ammo ... Sounds like he said the quiet part out loud. :facepalm:

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I believe in NY you have to show a pistol permit to purchase pistol ammo. I remember showing my TX LTC at a Walmart purchasing some ammo for my brothers 40 Shield.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

I am old enough to remember sellers keeping records of handgun ammunition sales. Nothing like reinventing the wheel, eh?
    Background checks are a presumption of guilt.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    The real agenda here is to ban online sales.

No, the real agenda is to throw a wrench into gun ownership. One- to make so many ridiculous f*cking laws, the better chance that a gun owner will be breaking the law. And two- to have a govt. record of who is buying said ammunition, what kind, quantity, etc.

For the commies, that damn 2nd Amendment is just in their way of banning guns, so they go after the next best tactic, ammo, because in their eyes, ammo is not protected by the 2A.

Texan79423

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    Flatlands
    new shirt.jpg

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at Bearing Arms blog;

In a related matter California got shut down (for now) on their requirement to conduct background checks when buying ammo.

California Attorney General Rob Bonta wasted little time after Judge Roger Benitez issued his decision tossing out the state’s ammunition background check law and prohibitions on online and out-of-state ammo purchases for California residents before filing his appeal with the Ninth Circuit on Wednesday evening. As of mid-day Thursday, the Ninth Circuit had yet to respond to Bonta’s request, which led to the AG sending out this notice to FFLs and ammo sellers in the state.

Top Bottom