Target Sports

Back in Cali, NOW I feel safer in my car!!! California Drivers aren't bad at all, compared to Houston Drivers...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    When you pick up your rental in Cali it comes with a brochure that explains how Cali people consider traffic laws to be suggestions. You don't get that in Houston.
    Here in H town the brochure would explain about how bad Michigan drivers are. And remember the Texas axiom, The bigger the P/U truck the lower the IQ driving it.
    I don't know about the IQ matching the size of the truck. My IQ actually went up when I went from a 1970 Bug to an F-150, then really jumped when I graduated to my current big Tundra.
    Target Sports

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Many CDL drivers IQ is divided by the number of wheels on the truck as they climb into the cab.
    Fact of the matter is the trucking industry has been hurting for drivers for many years now, and I suspect it hasn't and isn't going to get any better anytime soon.

Many trucking companies are hiring drivers with very little experience, and many that are just recently gotten their CDL. Most get maybe one to two weeks of OJT with a trainer, then they turn them loose on the public!

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Fact of the matter is the trucking industry has been hurting for drivers for many years now, and I suspect it hasn't and isn't going to get any better anytime soon.

Many trucking companies are hiring drivers with very little experience, and many that are just recently gotten their CDL. Most get maybe one to two weeks of OJT with a trainer, then they turn them loose on the public!
    Several of the members of my State Guard unit are older CDL drivers. They don't usually have anything good to say when referring to the younger inexperienced drivers. It's said there aren't many old bold pilots. This seems to apply on the road as well.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Several of the members of my State Guard unit are older CDL drivers. They don't usually have anything good to say when referring to the younger inexperienced drivers. It's said there aren't many old bold pilots. This seems to apply on the road as well.
    I have no facts to support my opinions, but I suspect that currently, many accidents involving drivers with a CDL, the majority probably are new and inexperienced CDL drivers.

Driving a truck isn't just a job, it's a profession that takes years to learn.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I have absolutely no fekking clue why but I just read all 27 pages of this thread. Shame the OP isn't here anymore to keep spazzing out.

Houston drivers suck but at least we're not in California. That is worth a lot in and of itself.

Word to the wise though, avoid the multitudes of Nissans with paper plates. Hint: The plates aren't real, the drivers have no documentation and there is no insurance to be found anywhere.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Let it be known that in my post concerning the IQ of drivers, I inserted a capitol P/U before truck to make clear I was NOT impugning the abilities of professional truck drivers. Just the idiots (mostly young) in their oversized toys

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    When you pick up your rental in Cali it comes with a brochure that explains how Cali people consider traffic laws to be suggestions. You don't get that in Houston.
    Here in H town the brochure would explain about how bad Michigan drivers are. And remember the Texas axiom, The bigger the P/U truck the lower the IQ driving it.
    1632947772102.jpeg

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    R.c5917a0ebbdb97a0954e94f83b925e37

Swift-696x497.png

4462807354_b6409e8d53_b.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Every time I see a SWIFT logo within a 1/4 mile of me, I GTFO of the area. Too many n00b, inexperienced, "I got the job because I got a pulse" drivers.

SWIFT - "So what, I failed training!"

Likewise, I'll get out of the way if I see a Schneider truck too. Used to be real easy, because they were orange. Now I think they're white.

I have no facts to support my opinions, but I suspect that currently, many accidents involving drivers with a CDL, the majority probably are new and inexperienced CDL drivers.

Driving a truck isn't just a job, it's a profession that takes years to learn.

Top Bottom