• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911-45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    Newton,Kanss
    I am considering moving to Tejas maybe Denton area or possibly San Marcos area. I am looking for a family owned auto shop that might need a good Alignment guy or one that might be for sale. I would like to stay close to N. Texas to make it easier to visit family in Kansas but will consider any good shop and community to raise my family in!

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I just moved to McKinney, love it here and I also have worked in the auto industry for a while. I am seeking a different job market now. But I can tell you while looking for work there I have noticed a ton of automotive type jobs in the area, there are a few mom&pop type shops around aswell.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Lot of independent shops here in DOSA.

KTSA 550 AM has had a long running auto repair radio show for years. All the hosts were local guys with successful independent shops. Sometimes it is more like a radio infomercial; oil changes and air/fuel filter are easy: Everything else you will have to take to a shop with the proper diagnostic equipment, blah, blah.

When the caller asks how much the repair will cost, the hosts usually say something like "somewhere in Fenway Park."

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Any of you guys have skills far above the norm, and like to work on hot rods (mostly late models)? LMR in Houston is looking.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I know a shop in Selma you could try out... No alignment machine, but we need anybody who's not stupid and/or lazy.

You any good with European stuff?

Lot of independent shops here in DOSA.

KTSA 550 AM has had a long running auto repair radio show for years. All the hosts were local guys with successful independent shops. Sometimes it is more like a radio infomercial; oil changes and air/fuel filter are easy: Everything else you will have to take to a shop with the proper diagnostic equipment, blah, blah.

When the caller asks how much the repair will cost, the hosts usually say something like "somewhere in Fenway Park."

Yeah, and being shop owners and not techs, their from the hip diagnoses make me yell at the radio as often as not...

Top Bottom