• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    DPS Officers were accused of "pulling a gun on a 10 year old boy" during a traffic stop. The Troopers body and dash camera footage shows the Troopers never pointed their weapons at the child.
    The video is all over now and pretty well showing that the DPS officers acted mostly professionally in an interaction that was growing heated as suspects exited the car. The city of Austin has been on the path to where they are now for 30 of more years. It will likely get worse.
    DK Firearms

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Now they - the citizens of Austin - are complaining because the DPS is actually doing the job. They - the city - needs to stop paying attention to the percentages of the unfortunates being stopped/arrested and pay attention to the crime statistics to see them doing their jobs!

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Now they - the citizens of Austin - are complaining because the DPS is actually doing the job. They - the city - needs to stop paying attention to the percentages of the unfortunates being stopped/arrested and pay attention to the crime statistics to see them doing their jobs!

Don't you know? Enforcing the law is always racist unless you strictly adhere to population percentages with your arrests. Understanding that some populations commit an inordinate percentage of crimes is badthink.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    There’s no win in these scenarios.

It’s like east dallas, the residents complained that the city wasn’t investing in their neighborhoods

So the city puts some money into it…

Then the residents complain that the city is pushing them out by increasing property values and the property taxes that go along with it.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    DPS needs something to do because they are writing tickets to senior citizens on golf carts in secluded rural neighborhoods here because "its the law".

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I can definitely see that.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    I personally know 2 people who have been harassed by DPS
    One guy lives on an FM road and was weed eating his fence by the bar ditch and had his golf cart there and got a verbal warning that a ticket was coming

.meanwhile the caravans of junk cars being driven by Guatemalan nationals without insurance are allowed to pass without interface because they have protection

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I personally know 2 people who have been harassed by DPS
    One guy lives on an FM road and was weed eating his fence by the bar ditch and had his golf cart there and got a verbal warning that a ticket was coming

.meanwhile the caravans of junk cars being driven by Guatemalan nationals without insurance are allowed to pass without interface because they have protection
    Tell them it is an implement of husbandry and to FO.

(I know a bunch of DPS guys)

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Tell them it is an implement of husbandry and to FO.

(I know a bunch of DPS guys)

One of them is my neighbor..I told him to his face in so many words he was a dirt bag for harassing an 75 year old man and woman for using a golf cart in a rural neighborhood to get outdoors and see neighbors.
    He is a Sgt and was eating with 2 subordinates and he definitely wasn't ready for what I said.
    There's no reason for being that way. They have discretion and don't use it appropriately

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Get the DPS out of Austin. Let Austin wallow in the mess it created.
    This has been said on here a bunch of times, and although I understand the sentiment, but what about the people who live there, didn't create the mess, and can't leave? My 93 year old dad and 91 year old mother have damn sure not voted for the idiots in charge now - you should hear their opinion about the idiots. They sure in hell aren't capable of moving. Don't they deserve a modicum of protection from the DPS since there aren't enough officers in the APD?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    This has been said on here a bunch of times, and although I understand the sentiment, but what about the people who live there, didn't create the mess, and can't leave? My 93 year old dad and 91 year old mother have damn sure not voted for the idiots in charge now - you should hear their opinion about the idiots. They sure in hell aren't capable of moving. Don't they deserve a modicum of protection from the DPS since there aren't enough officers in the APD?
    <>

Many of today’s IDIOT Austinites were purposely imported from elsewhere by U.T.

During the ‘90’s, my off-Bee Caves U T Faculty neighbors were communist bozos from CA.

I was heavily criticized for using my home’s A/C during the Summers.

leVieux

<>

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    One of them is my neighbor..I told him to his face in so many words he was a dirt bag for harassing an 75 year old man and woman for using a golf cart in a rural neighborhood to get outdoors and see neighbors.
    He is a Sgt and was eating with 2 subordinates and he definitely wasn't ready for what I said.
    There's no reason for being that way. They have discretion and don't use it appropriately
    Have to meet that monthly quota.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    There are no good choices except for the citizens to make good choices.

Sadly many of the good folks here simply dont bother voting or speaking against the evil that caused this situation.

The State should hold the city accountable and not simply cover for the city's intentional actions to dismantle public.

Revoke the city's standing as a city and create special capital district headed by the Governor's designee.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    There are no good choices except for the citizens to make good choices.

Sadly many of the good folks here simply dont bother voting or speaking against the evil that caused this situation.

The State should hold the city accountable and not simply cover for the city's intentional actions to dismantle public.

Revoke the city's standing as a city and create special capital district headed by the Governor's designee.

The influx of Democrats has ruined all the big cities in Texas.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Well Democrats have gotten worse
    <>

Exactlymente; today’s ‘’democrats’’ are not Cactus Jack, Harry Truman, or Andy Jackson.

They are tyrannical egoists who live & breathe LIES !

What shall the American People do ?

Is the DPS aid request new, another reversal by the Mayor ?

A while back, Gov. Abbott threatened threatened to remve the Travis Co. Sheriff for malfeasance; did that ever happen ?

<>

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Then let Austin compensate the state for the DPS troopers' time.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeps
    Top Bottom