• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    There's absolutely no information in that article that would indicate that this wasn't a justified shooting, is there something else that is not being reported?

Unless there is, it will most likely be no billed by a Grand Jury. I have yet to hear of a case where someone was defending their lives or property that wasn't.

Good on the homeowner for being prepared and taking appropriate action. I would be happy to have such neighbors, most of mine don't seem to want to be ready for such a situation...

Cheers! M2

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    APD hasnt given their press release yet so I cant comment on further details but I hopefully its a good shoot and we can worry about one less dirtbag if thats the case.

ArielT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Yeah. That's pretty barren of info, hopefully it turned out well. I know there was a string of robberies up in NE prior, but I haven't heard much about that in a while.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Dang! For those of us who live in Avery Ranch, it's nothing new for someone to crash into 'our' retaining wall. However, the events that followed are new to me. I'll check our message board for any updates.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Austin News, Weather, Sports, Traffic | KXAN.com

Started as a car accident and driver went to nearby house where he was ultimately shot by the homeowner. Unsure if he was attempting to break in or just looking for help. Tragic either way.

While more than the first link, that still doesn't say much...

A 23-year-man who apparently crashed his car around 3 a.m. was shot and killed after running to a home just down the street in a Northwest Austin neighborhood, police said.

Given that a lot of accidents at 3am involve alcohol, there is a chance that he had been drinking and may have done something to cause the homeowner to think he was a threat. Someone banging on my door at that hour of the morning is definitely going to cause me to have a firearm in my hand when I go to see what's going on. Purely speculative of course, but until more details are released that's all we can do...

Cheers! M2

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I do wonder if there's even a snowflake's chance that someone else was driving or otherwise in the vehicle. Could shed some light on the circumstances. BTW, the four-lane boulevard along there is straight. You have to muck up pretty good to jump the curb, drive across the sidewalk and smash into the wall.

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas
    Just pure speculation- my guess he was trying to steal a car to run and the HO caught him.

Hopefully it's not a case of a HO shooting through a door because he heard a knock at 3am.

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    Probably drunk, crashed, didn't want to get in trouble, so he fled the scene. Closest house to hide before cops arrived on scene.

Just like the guy at work last weekend, back into someones car leaving our bar, peeled out hit 2 more parked cars and hopped the curb, took off down 281 in Stone Oak... Some people REFUSE to deal with their actions and suffer the consequences.

Portals

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2011
    round rock
    Boy, the liberals talk show hosts are lovin' it!
    "So you would shoot someone for knocking on your door at 3am?"
    They are adding 'drunk' to the description.
    1 guy said something to the effect of "I didn't know people in this neighborhood had guns and would do something like this."
    Sure hope it was justified.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    It appears to have been a bad shoot.

True, the dead guy was some kind of nutcase or a drunk - wrecking his car at 2:45AM and running away naked into a neighborhood, but apparently the homeowner had no real justification to shoot the dude. It doesn't appear the guy was a threat to him and just tried to run away after being caught trying to hide under the homeowner's car - which was not parked in his driveway.

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    But could he have reasonably believed the guy was stealing his car? Just throwing it out there. Who's to say otherwise that the guy was pulling door handles and peeking inside?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Shooter arrested on suspicion of murder. Shot the guy while he was running away, apparently. Even admitted to that in his affidavit.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Shooter arrested on suspicion of murder. Shot the guy while he was running away, apparently. Even admitted to that in his affidavit.

Idiot. @#$% cowboy actions make gun owners look bad. Other article I was reading stated he was "very protective" of his property and had threatened a neighbor with a shotgun before. Now how well will that work in Jail?

01yazdi.jpg

Top Bottom