• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    Ruth McClendon (D), San Antonio, has decided what kind of dog you can own is a more pressing issue for the state of Texas than well, anything. You see, she just filed HB 998, more commonly known as Breed Specific Legislation. BSL punishes entire breeds for the misdeeds of a few bad owners. Most people have no idea that the Pit Bull has served our military bravely as bomb and gas sniffing dogs, saving thousands of soldiers. The 2008 drug dog of the year in Tx was a rescued Pit Bull. The Pit Bull was commonly featured on inspirational WW2 posters and advertisements. Having owned Pit Bulls for the past 15 years, I have dealt with the misconceptions of these dogs for a long time. I have volunteered with rescues, donated money and time to rescues, and recently, my wife and I adopted two amazing PB puppies, 1 year and 6 months. Our dogs are friendly, adore children, and love other dogs, even the Lhasa Apsa's next door that bite them repeatedly (our previous PB's that passed were too!) . In spite of that, Mrs. McClendon has decided I should have to carry liability insurance for my dog, make my fences two feet higher, and rumor has it, wear muzzles when in public. This is just the beginning to an outright ban like Denver has, one that saw Animal Control and Police knock on the doors of citizen's, confiscate their dogs, and euthanize them. Over 4,000 Pit Bull's were murdered on the Colorado tax payer dime. But HB 998 doesn't apply just to Pit Bulls. Do you own a Rottie? A Dobie? An American Bulldog? Staffordshire? Boxer? Akita? Chow? German Shephard? Just about any "Working breed"? If your dog is of decent size and block headed, guess what? It's part of HB 998. If you too view this as anti-American and assinine, I implore you to please contact your congressman and your reps. I have, and I will continue to until this garbage is squashed. If it passes, well, all I can say is COME AND TAKE 'EM!!!:patriot:
    Venture Surplus ad

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i dont agree with this.

even though i have had run-ins with several pit bulls.

have a feelign they arent the only targeted breeds.

in anycase it is an owner probelm mainly. not a dog problem.

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    You are correct, as I posted, they are not the only targeted breed, just the face of the bill. And we agree, it is an owner problem. I do have a question though. As I stated, I have owned these dogs for several years. I have been involved in the rescue of these dogs for the past few years. Friends of mine have rescued Pit's from all walks of life that I have stayed involved with, and out of all of these dogs, I, nor my wife, have had ONE run in with a vicious Pit Bull, let alone several. Are you a meter reader or something? I'm just curious as I have contact with this breed every day, and not just mine.

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    Don't get me wrong, Im positive there are bad, unadoptable PB's out there. Just like there are bad, unadoptable Dachshounds, and bad, unadoptable Cocker Spaniels, etc. etc, ...

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I agree that this is mostly an owner induced problem. There are some who think it's cool to make their dog as mean as possible and keep it tied to their El Camino with a logging chain.

I know only one person with a PB. She is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever been around.

Questions we all have to ask: What breed in next on their list. Where does this end?

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    Great point Zembonez, I would be pretty pissed off if I had to wear a logging chain all day and night. The problem is weak people exploiting strong dogs. And weak minded bureaucrats exploiting good people and their family pets...

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    No problem Shiloh, You the JJ page? if so, those are some good looking dawgs.

I have already posted it a couple of places and sent to some friends A/W SA City Council.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I be the first to say I have had a couple of pit's before. Mine were awsome dogs that just loved kids. One of them was my shop dog. He loved everybody but hated anything else that had 4 legs. On time he tried to attack a horse. Then I had his balls cut off and he lost all the issues with other animals.
    I will also say I have shot and killed more damn pitbull than yall can emagine. Not because I hate the breed, but because they were bad dogs. The kind of dogs you see tied up to some cartel looks SOB's front door. I dont put up with dogs like that. I would rather kill them than read about a child getting attacked!
    Now, to the subject of this POS Democrat Libtarded trash! It doesnt matter what kind of dog people choose, the dogs only act in a manner they were trained for.
    I know people who have awsome pit and wouldnt ever worry about them. " Remember the bull dog on the little rascals"?
    The issue is the people who own bad dogs are the problem. San Antonio has a lot of Gang Banger punkass trash that creates lots of problem! When stupid ass Democrats attempt to make laws on these issues, they dont have enough sence to protect the rights of the honest people. Democrat laws make restrictions for everyone except the criminals! Thats why their Democrats, their just too damn stupid to be anything else!
    Instead of worrying about a F'n dog, the stupid SA Democrats need to worry about the people who create negative issues in yall's community!
    In the past 15 years I have been to the coastal are of Texas more time's than I can count. I never go through San Antonio! I go around it through New Braunsfel. I wont spend .50 cent in that libtarded place!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I oppose this bill. That said, the filing of a bill in no way signals that the legislator thinks that the topic of the bill is the most important topic in Texas. Some of the other rhetoric about "taking other things" is just hysteria.

The bill can be argued against on its merits, and doing so without the rhetoric will be taken more seriously.

I'll send a letter.

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    I appreciate the support. However, as far as the Come and Take Em "rhetoric", if you are found to have a Pit Bull in Denver they are confiscated and euthanized, so it's not hysteria. It's a fact, one that can happen in Texas. I will not surrender my dogs to anyone, nor will anyone take my dogs from my house. I also refuse to stop posting with emotion and opinion. What? Are you the new "rhetoric czar"?;)

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Some of the other rhetoric about "taking other things" is just hysteria.

Actually it's well-founded ... look at gun laws. They've slowly but surely stepped up to include one group after another. First it was NFA items, then it was so-called AWs, "sporting usage" only importation, now it's magazines and importation restrictions.

If you give them an inch, history has proven they will take a mile. It's not hysteria, it's reality.

If they get Pit Bulls now, the next breed that get's someone in a publicized attack will be the next to go.

I'm sick and fucking tired of this "I'm so terrified" mentality in this country. They want to pad the walls of life because they are too scared of everything; guns, dogs, what's next ... cars? They got everyone by the balls when it comes to saying what you mean for fear of retribution from the media or lawsuits. This country has been pussified to the max, and it's really starting to stink around here.

Top Bottom