• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Forums teach you manners, because you are talking to people with individual view points. If you don't like the message, don't berate the messenger. You don't cut down the guy telling your house is on fire do you? We are all here trying to help each other to keep our rights.
    People we can't be seen as people arguing with each other to people lurking, it will just turn them off and they will say, see another hate group. We can't afford that image now.

Never step on the toe that is connected to the a$$ you may have to kiss later when your wrong.
    Capitol Armory ad

proudamerican831

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Monterey California
    There is a growing trend on the forum that I am not going to idly sit by and watch. This thread probably will not, as a result make friends.

I'm sick and tired of people going after each other. A number of people on this forum, whom I will not single out, seem to think that their opinion is worth more than the next.

Just because you disagree with someone does not give you grounds to berate people. There is always going to be a dissenting opinion that you more than likely do not like. Let me remind you that I did not make this forum for people to have their internet commando fantasy fulfilled.

This site is a forum for many walks of people, not just the card carrying members. As a result, this serves as a warning to everyone to mind what you say and respect others, otherwise you will be gone.
    Alan, I am a Texan that lives in California, I belong to calguns.net. When I first signed on to this Texas forum I notice how polite everyone was. As of late, like you I noticed it is turning. Please follow thru on your warning.
    Our reputation as Texans being polite but tuff is at stake. The California forum is infected with one liner's, folks being cute or downing folks for spelling or content of their posts. If at any time any of my posts cross the line, please, just kick me out. Don't let people californicate this forum.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    The cure for a lot of this is a face-to-face. People tend to be much more polite once they've met someone face-to-face. Take DirtyD, for example. He's a big tough guy, and at first glance, might be a bit intimidating. But when you find out that he dresses up in high heals and pink taffeta, and goes by DirtyDiane on the weekends, he's not so tough. ;)

[RANT: OFF]
    Youre the one who asked me out.... And we all know I am all about the free grub. The night did end on a sour note when you made a move many would consider inappropriate for a first date.

madmax2crazy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    San Antonio
    I just recently joined and haven't posted any replies to anyone so I KNOW you don't mean me lol but cool, I'll watch what I say if I ever say anything at all :)

oxjobber

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Grosvenor
    Under stood Amigo , what this country was Founded on was Belief whether it be right or wrong, What I beleive to be true , may not WHAT another believes and that's what makes AMERICA , and THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS , SO GREAT, we have the Right to Descided for ourselves

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Under stood Amigo , what this country was Founded on was Belief whether it be right or wrong, What I beleive to be true , may not WHAT another believes and that's what makes AMERICA , and THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS , SO GREAT, we have the Right to Descided for ourselves

Indeed it was.

redfred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    La Porte
    Got it. I'm here just to learn more and possibly share what I can. I know there are a lot of people with some pretty strong opinions. When I start talking to someone with a different opinion than mine, I just listen, because one of two things happen - either the other guy makes some sense, and I can understand his point of view, or he ends up just spouting the same old talking points and can't back them up, in which case it's really fun to see him talk himself into a circle.

believer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    I've heard(never been to)San Antonio BassPro has a fantastic gun department.
    Are the prices reasonable, I mean not more than retail.
    thanks,
    believer

supercomp9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Roger Wilco - I have not been on the opionated side yet but I will watch how i do it as
    not to offend too many,
    Thanks
    J.Kee

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    That was February! You count like a government employee... ;)
    Wow... seems like longer, but you are correct.... I am a government employee, as I was told the other day, I cant "hack" it in a real job, so I have to hide in the military with other morons and thugs.....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Humble, TX
    Wow... seems like longer, but you are correct.... I am a government employee, as I was told the other day, I cant "hack" it in a real job, so I have to hide in the military with other morons and thugs.....

I had a job here in Houston and was told I needed to behave like I was never in the military and that I was "too manly". Luckily, I'm no longer working there.

Top Bottom