Target Sports

Attention All Commercial Drivers!!!!!!!!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    C'mon. Pilots can land a jet that weighs a quarter million plus pounds at almost 200 miles an hour while they talk on a radio, but a trained driver can't use a phone on the freeway? That's stupid.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    To address the risk associated with these activities, the Agencies restrict CMV
    drivers’ use of hand-held mobile telephones, which includes “using at least one hand to hold a
    mobile telephone to conduct a voice communication.” As discussed below, while operating a
    CMV, the driver may only use a compliant mobile telephone, such as a hands free mobile phone,
    to conduct a voice communication.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Federal DOT law.....not many local and state officers will mess with it. There are some large city police and Troopers that get certified in Federal Commercial Enforcement.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    I don't use the hand held as it is with the new truck. We are able, with some phones, to use the 3.5mm aux. input jack as a speaker phone. It still use the mic on the phone, but is still technically hands free unless you are sending or recieving calls.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I am forever amazed by the number of trucks I see puled over in Austin. Holy crap it must suck as a truck driver there. It looks like a revenue generation plot from where I stand...

As far as the phone usage goes, I would much rather have a seasoned truck driver using a phone than the 16 year old muffy next to me.

Top Bottom