• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    So I post on other forums from time to time to see what else is going on in the gun world. I happened to spy a post about Mark 23 attachments and wanted to mention my buddies product; whom happens to post on here.

Low and behold ... someone already posted it. Great! but wait ... someone even posted their "review" of the product, even better right?! ... Nope! The guy, whom owns another forum, blatantly ripped off my review's pictures and is claiming them as his own.

My Review: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/gear-accessories/12224-mark-23-mk-23-rail-adapter.html

Thread: Light for HK MK23 - Sniper's Hide Forums

So ... what should I do? (I would replace the pics with giant dicks, but he off-site hosted them)
    Capitol Armory ad

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Maybe contact that offsite host, prove it's your property to gain access to them, and then replace those images with giant dicks!

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    This is why metadata is so important.

Adding an EXIF (or other type) comment to your pix can identify them down the road.

Another way, (crappier, IMHO) is to watermark them.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ya ought to take a pic of the muzzle of that weapon if ya have it handy, it has a rather unique character mark on the end. along witht he obligatory postit labeled with time and date. also perhaps a middle finger someplace as well.

:)

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    Stealing your photographs off the web should be a crime, although it probably happens every day.
    Just please don't tell us you know just where to obtain the pics you made reference to as a replacement on the crooks site!!!!

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Stealing your photographs off the web should be a crime, although it probably happens every day.
    Just please don't tell us you know just where to obtain the pics you made reference to as a replacement on the crooks site!!!!

images.google.com

be sure to use TOR though...

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    That's kind of crap. But he may well have been thinking he was just using something out there publicly posted to help somebody else out.
    Of course, it would have been a good idea to say, "I grabbed these pics from another forum" or better yet to just posted a link to them.
    Just contact the guy first - he may not have realized it was a big deal.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    That's kind of crap. But he may well have been thinking he was just using something out there publicly posted to help somebody else out.
    Of course, it would have been a good idea to say, "I grabbed these pics from another forum" or better yet to just posted a link to them.
    Just contact the guy first - he may not have realized it was a big deal.

He has his occupation set as an author, so if that is correct then well ... he doesn't have much to stand on.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    to say "i wrote this up a while back" (or whatever) is pretty blatant. although it could be that he actually thinks he wrote it, as an effect of mental derangement... r eprhaps he bleives he is The Guap... this remains to be seen.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    ALAN-WILL-RAPE-THEM-TO-DEATH-AND-RECLAIM-HIS-RIGHTFUL-PROPERTY.jpg

Top Bottom