• ...and so much more!
  • kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Can’t speak to what the crayon eaters do.
    6e089b3cf875c8d33d6abe97859d43c7.jpg
    Guns International

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    It was KD to 500 with irons. Stupid really. We take that one shot one kill crap way to far. ITB had better more and practical fire and move training with poppers and covering each other during bounding with live ammo. Shit will teach you to keep your head down real quick.
    Yep.live fire and live grenades adds some excitement to your life

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    well as soon as the barrels are available I'll probably be building an AR10 with upper to test this out.. I think someone here should so we can see what it's like to shoot. I know they have a bolt action in .277 fury now, but it's not the same as semi auto and we all know that.

Last edited:

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    It’s a 6mm / .270 caliber we know and have know for a long time that it’s ballistics are better at range than 5.56/.22 or 7.62/.308. It’s just math. what that will do to an AR10 might be interesting from a does the gun survive stand point.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Marines have a brand new course of fire. Instead of starting at the 200yd line and working back to the 500, it now starts at the 500 and works forward like a firefight might. They’ve also taken out some of the old positions and changed what is done where. Marines also now have a Trijicon LPVO instead of the RCO (ACOG).

I wish I was still in just for range, it looks fun to me.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Marines have a brand new course of fire. Instead of starting at the 200yd line and working back to the 500, it now starts at the 500 and works forward like a firefight might. They’ve also taken out some of the old positions and changed what is done where. Marines also now have a Trijicon LPVO instead of the RCO (ACOG).

It’s just making the rifle heavier and heavier.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States

But I was just told in this very thread that our current weapon system is ineffective past 300m. Why would we train past that if our weapons can't do it?

Being sarcastic of course.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    But I was just told in this very thread that our current weapon system is ineffective past 300m. Why would we train past that if our weapons can't do it?

We also qualified with 20” barrels. Now I have no idea if everyone is running 14.5. While the IAR guys aren’t, but the rest I have no idea.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Really? Who said our current system is ineffective past 300m?
    My thoughts are if you don't want to die improvise overcome adapt if they don't go out 300.start there
    And figure out how far.
    I guess I'm a closet sociopath but truth is I don't want to die. I'm going to figure out how to kill you

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station

I don’t believe anyone said it was ineffective at that range just not optimal, especially with just red dots. The Marines have been training at 500yds for decades and didn’t get an optic until mid 2000s. I used a M16A2 with irons in boot and got a M16A4 with RCO (ACOG) a couple of years later. Could have gotten a M4 when I got promoted later but I liked the 20” barrel.

Top Bottom