• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • retired_tim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2019
    McKinney, Tx
    Just saw a news report on veterans geting all kinds of cancer related illnesses after working in Area 52, Tonopah Test Range in the mid 80's. I was stationed at Nellis AFB 85-88 and flew to work to TTR every Monday morning and came home on Thursday evening for 3 years in support of the F117 Stealth Fighter. What they didn't tell us was the Dept of Energy was testing dirty bombs on the range and the fallout was all over our base. So far I haven't had any symptoms. Not a great thing to learn about on Memorial Day.

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    This is from a blog I wrote. The site is no longer up, but I have my backup:

Area 51

My understanding is that Area 51 is largely abandoned now. The research and development we are aware of at Area 51 involved airplanes. Things that flew in the atmosphere. So, lots of empty land for long runways and lots of empty air space were just what the project needed. Most likely what DARPA is working on now doesn’t fly in the atmosphere, and the people doing that work have moved on to a facility more accommodating the new mission requirements. I’ve read an article that mentioned the new base, but I don’t remember it.

So, likely no research going on there now, and I’m darn sure there are no aliens. Still, you couldn’t march me there at gun point. What am I afraid of?

Back when they were doing research, you couldn’t just toss stuff in the trash headed for the local land fill. You can bet the Ruskies were going through that trash with a fine toothed comb trying to figure out what was going on inside the fence. As a result, trash/waste was buried on base. And I’m sure there was no Government agency vetting what went in the hole. God only knows how dangerous some of the stuff that got dumped was.

And now that we’ve got a hole where we just dump anything we want, why not bring in some of that problematic stuff from other bases. Hell, there may be spent nuclear fuel rods buried out there. (OK that’s a bit of hyperbole. Surely they wouldn’t bury fuel rods. Would they?)

So, sneak your happy little tush onto Area 51, and heaven knows what you ‘re exposing yourself too. In fact, I think the “Aliens” supposedly spotted there are just folks who snuck in and were mutated by the toxic waste.

Just my thoughts. YMMV.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Years ago I read some info that Area 51 is an environmental nightmare.
    Its stays a classified site so the fed.gov doesn’t have to clean it up.
    It would take untold millions to remediate the site.

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    I can just hear the conversation one night in an Officer’s Club. This would have been back in the 1950s or 1960s.

Colonel Atom Smasher is lamenting the high cost of waste disposal.

Colonel Sky King says, “Hell hell son, Don’t waste your money on that stuff. I’m sure there some seminars in exotic locations those funds would be better spent on. You just load that stuff up on a truck and bring it over to my place. Ain’t no pesky EPA to deal with.”

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I've always enjoyed Bob Lazars' accounts of what he witnessed while working at Area 51. All of it seems plausible, and his story has never changed after all of these years. The military has probably gotten smart and moved a lot of this research underground and away from satellites and prying eyes.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

retired_tim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2019
    McKinney, Tx
    It’s about Area 52. We flew on chartered 727’s around the western edge of 51 to get to TTR. Interesting fact is one of the a/c we flew in was the same one that DBCooper jumped out of. It went from Northwest to Piedmont and bought from Piedmont by Key Airlines which used it to fly charter flights every week from Nellis to TTR.

Top Bottom