• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    You mean like in China?
    no like in the USA where money talks bullshit walks.

Its not like Hospitals are for profit in most cases, most hospitals like to give out free healthcare NOT!!!!

They want suckers to give them shit for free that they can sell to someone who is going to DIE if they do not get it and tell the suckers but you are saving someones life by donating while we bankrupt and destroy there finances.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I was once, but no longer.

Why not?

Because, I mentioned I was an organ donor to friend who happens to be a surgeon and she was instantly horrified. She wouldn't divulge any details of why being an O.D. was/is a very bad idea, but I got the message...

When re-uping my DL, I had O.D. category deleted...
    Curious minds need to know more about this

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    1706791806944.jpeg

Will donate it, but won't deliver.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I signed up to be a donor as a young man because I wanted to help people as a parting gesture. As I matured, I started to realize that the sum of parts are worth more $ to the medical complex than me being alive. That, and it bothered me that my family gets nothing yet the recipient pays $100 k+ for the organ. Where does all that money go? I kind of think along the same lines on blood donations. If I’m giving it free, then the expectation is the cost for the recipient should be reasonable.

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    no like in the USA where money talks bullshit walks.

Its not like Hospitals are for profit in most cases, most hospitals like to give out free healthcare NOT!!!!

They want suckers to give them shit for free that they can sell to someone who is going to DIE if they do not get it and tell the suckers but you are saving someones life by donating while we bankrupt and destroy there finances.
    My wife is here because many people donated blood and platelets, probably without getting paid. Did someone make a profit, I am sure. Thank you to those who gave.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    My organs have lost any desirability. If you've ever had cancer, your organs are only good for landfill.

Someone told me years ago that if you were a donor, your family could get billed for removal of the organs. I have since heard from others that this is not true, but I've never gotten a definitive answer from someone who actually knew first hand. While the advertising is that your organs could really help people, hospitals are businesses and they do transplants because they profit from it.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Years ago my Mom and Dad signed up for donating their bodies to a medical college. In return we got their ashes, no charge. They took my Dad who preceded my Mom by about 15 years. When Mom passed away at 94 they didn't want her.

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    I never understood me donating my organs so a huge corporation could profit.
    Exactly. If things ever get to the point where the heirs of my estate would get a predefined amount of money from my body part(s), I would reconsider. Everyone else from the transplant surgeons to the janitor that cleans the OR profits from a transplant. Since I would be providing the raw material, as it were, I feel that would only be fair.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    If organ donations was legit, they would work it like a reverse mortgage. Pay me now bitch! You can harvest my organisms after I croak.

Top Bottom