• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    <>

Praytell, WHY should I be “mad” at Benchmade ?

Knives are TOOLS.

I get my similar quality tools at much better prices elsewhere.

So, i just don’t partonize that company.

i actually USE my knives; and, as an ex-Surgeon, I am very familiar with cutting tools.

I do not see a “paid-too-much-for” pocketknife as any “status symbol”, but a fetish.

My knives are Boker, CRKT, Gerber, etc. They function very well & give value, Thank You.

leVieux

<>
    I used to think that way too, but then I got my first Benchmade and have been carrying this one for the past 7 years. I have never been able to keep a knife this long.

IMG_1762.JPG
    Hurley's Gold

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I used to think that way too, but then I got my first Benchmade and have been carrying this one for the past 7 years. I have never been able to keep a knife this long.

View attachment 405300
    <>

Mais-la,

With 2 Sons & 4 Grandsons, my knives tend to escape regularly.

I now carry two for EDC; a CRKT to hand those in need & a Boker or Gerber to STAY on me.

My Daughters tease that “PawPaw CLANKS when he walks!”

My EDC pocket inventory fills pages. Yes Dear, I do have a nset of YOUR car keys.

Do you need a loaded GLOCK mag; 9mm or .45?

Pliers ? Leatherman or Vise-Grip’s ?

A light ? Butane or Tac-light ? (Haven’t smoked in 55 years)

Cash; bills or quarters ?

When I undress at night, I lose 12#. I was a Boy Scout.

leVieux

<>

Last edited:

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    If the question is still, "Do I hate Benchmade? ". I don't hate them, but I refuse to buy any of their products. There are too many companies that make similar products. Why give money to one that is anti-2A? I believe in redemption but haven't seen anything from them that has changed my mind. So, for now, they are on my shit list with Levis, brcc, target, BL, Gillette, Liberty safes, etc.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

TRam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2023
    Crawford, TX
    Those are all good choices
    I'm betting that the corporation that made the vehicle you drive has donated or supported something you hate and I know your cell provider has.

We just can't get around it anymore is what I'm getting at.

It sucks.
    Only a few companies have kept true to my values

If you boycott every company you don't like, then you are going to be cold or hot depending
    on the weather. Hungry and thirsty, walking naked.

First time to post.
    I understand how hard it is, but that is what we must TRY to do. The left is counting on us doing just this and giving up. That is why they are winning, .... and winning they are.

What would be nice - a list of all those companies that we can refer to in order to support them for standing up and thinking the way we are. Money Talks. You don't think Bud has not taken notice? Their spiral has not yet reached bottom. I know from both first-hand and second-hand sources.

We regularly visit Chick-fil-A A and I do not even think they are that good. But I need those firms to not just survive but thrive.

Just my two cents worth and with inflation these days, it is not worth much.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

I
    If the question is still, "Do I hate Benchmade? ". I don't hate them, but I refuse to buy any of their products. There are too many companies that make similar products. Why give money to one that is anti-2A? I believe in redemption but haven't seen anything from them that has changed my mind. So, for now, they are on my shit list with Levis, brcc, target, BL, Gillette, Liberty safes, etc.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

<>

I hope that you & I aren’t the only ones who recall our betrayals by Levi’s, YETI, COSTCO, SubWay, etc. nor the expected attacks on the Constitution by Target, Progressive Insurance, AARP, Ben & Jerry’s, Ford Foundation, NaBisCo, Kellogg Cereals, etc.

A while back, I attended a nearby State’s NRA “Affiliate” annual meeting. All of the Officers were wearing Levi’s jeans. When I pointed this out to them their replies were shrugs and “You can’t change everything”.

Meanwhile, please remember to support AMAC, Goya Foods, Texas Roadhouse, etc.

”Yelp” is anti-2A; but I can’t find a suitable alternate. My jeans are ALL “Wranglers” & none of our shoes are NIKE.

leVieux

<>

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    <>

Praytell, WHY should I be “mad” at Benchmade ?

Knives are TOOLS.

I get my similar quality tools at much better prices elsewhere.

So, i just don’t partonize that company.

i actually USE my knives; and, as an ex-Surgeon, I am very familiar with cutting tools.

I do not see a “paid-too-much-for” pocketknife as any “status symbol”, but a fetish.

My knives are Boker, CRKT, Gerber, etc. They function very well & give value, Thank You.

leVieux

<>
    When I bought my ZT I thought I paid too much, but the opening action is sweet. After 10 years of use and it still looks fairly new and keeps an edge better than any other knife I own, I tend to think I got my money's worth.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    <>

I

<>

I hope that you & I aren’t the only ones who recall our betrayals by Levi’s, YETI, COSTCO, SubWay, etc. nor the expected attacks on the Constitution by Target, Progressive Insurance, AARP, Ben & Jerry’s, Ford Foundation, NaBisCo, Kellogg Cereals, etc.

A while back, I attended a nearby State’s NRA “Affiliate” annual meeting. All of the Officers were wearing Levi’s jeans. When I pointed this out to them their replies were shrugs and “You can’t change everything”.

Meanwhile, please remember to support AMAC, Goya Foods, Texas Roadhouse, etc.

”Yelp” is anti-2A; but I can’t find a suitable alternate. My jeans are ALL “Wranglers” & none of our shoes are NIKE.

leVieux

<>
    but you still advertise beingan nra lifetime member!

TRam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2023
    Crawford, TX
    but you still advertise beingan nra lifetime member!

I hear people complain about the NRA all the time. However, even with all their issues and troubles, we need to support them. Why? Because they have done more for the protection of our Second Amendment than another other person or organization. They are still the 10-ton gorilla in the room. Start diluting their funding and then no one has the funds to put up a strong front.

One can join all the little groups around the US, but they do little in the way of lobbying or filing lawsuits. Yes, some may, but not like the NRA. No, the NRA is not perfect, but we work to make it better. You should be voting for the leaders of YOUR choice when they hold elections. You can be more involved - also write letters. I would love to have them in TEXAS or Florida. Whichever, they need to relocate. How about Crawford, TX. !!

BTW, I have a Patriot Membership and will continue to support them because they are the best we have.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    BTW, I have a Patriot Membership and will continue to support them because they are the best we have.
    As a life member of nra, they have seen the last of any support from me. I would however make a contribution to them if they will cancel my membership.

TRam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2023
    Crawford, TX
    As a life member of nra, they have seen the last of any support from me. I would however make a contribution to them if they will cancel my membership.
    So, what organization are you supporting that lobbies, files lawsuits on behalf of the Second Amendment, and offers educational programs for new gun owners? If I am missing other such organizations, I need to know it. For my part, I have not done much looking so really do not know. I am really asking in all sincerity.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    So, what organization are you supporting that lobbies, files lawsuits on behalf of the Second Amendment, and offers educational programs for new gun owners? If I am missing other such organizations, I need to know it. For my part, I have not done much looking so really do not know. I am really asking in all sincerity.
    I haven't found an organization which does as poorly in supporting the Second Amendment as the nra. I'd donate to beto before I'd send another cent to the nra.

TRam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2023
    Crawford, TX
    Tnhawk,
    What organizations do you contribute to? If you don't mind passing them on, I would like to look into them. Thanks much.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Tnhawk,
    What organizations do you contribute to? If you don't mind passing them on, I would like to look into them. Thanks much.
    Actually I do mind passing information of my support and contributions to the world.
    Your mileage may vary.

Top Bottom