• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are Kimbers good to go or solid pass?

• Kimbers are legit. I would buy from them no problem.

Votes: 31 54.4%
    • No, Kimbers are not good guns.

Votes: 20 35.1%
    • Glock Boyz unite!

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I've already said my experience was anecdotal.

I don't keep track of guns that work. I know i see lots of kimbers, colts, especially .38 supers. I also see lots of SAI 1911's

I just know that half the time i see a 1911 go down, chances are its a kimber. Or its a ruger that decided to break the bushing in half and send part of it downrange.

Do you work in the firearms industry?
    As I stated earlier, I no longer do.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    So, we have two Eclipse Ultras, one Ultra Carry, and one two tone Carry with a 4 inch barrel. One of the Eclipses had a lot of FTF problems early on and that’s it. They fixed it and shipped it back. Otherwise no problems and the two tone is my most often carried handgun. But even my early model Taurus PT1911 has never had an FTF or FTE.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    As I stated earlier, I no longer do.
    I must have missed that.

Surely you see the problem with purposefully ignoring info in favor of info you can never possibly get.

Have you ever sought out a review on a firearm? We don't know the reject rate of the R51, but we know it was a bad gun, same for the 887. The colt 2000, The zip 22...

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I have had 2 experiences with Kimber personally. Only one is valid here but I will include the experience.Bought a Kimber Classic years ago. Beautiful 1911, most accurate out of the box for production pistols to that date I had owned. Had a slight flaw. Wouldn't feed any ammo. Called Kimber and got treated like I knew nothing, can't blame them for that due to the volume of calls they got( their words). After I explained I wasn't new to 1911's they wanted me to send it in. I chose to fix it locally and then sold it fixed. My one rule is it must work out of the box, it did not. A burr under the extractor was the culprit. The second was a K6 that got sent to the factory with a bind in the action. Kimber informed me it was within factory specs and sent it back. I then sent it to a real gunsmith who had never seen the Kimber revolver and he sent it back fixed. By the way he diagnosed it over the phone and was right. My Daughter in law loved the little thing so I gave her a great deal an it shoots well to this day. I won't own another one.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I must have missed that.

Surely you see the problem with purposefully ignoring info in favor of info you can never possibly get.

Have you ever sought out a review on a firearm? We don't know the reject rate of the R51, but we know it was a bad gun, same for the 887. The colt 2000, The zip 22...
    I read/watch reviews from time to time. But there is only so much value I place in them for various reasons.

I’m not ignoring any info. I’m just not going to pretend information is more or less valuable than it really is.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    So, we have two Eclipse Ultras, one Ultra Carry, and one two tone Carry with a 4 inch barrel. One of the Eclipses had a lot of FTF problems early on and that’s it. They fixed it and shipped it back. Otherwise no problems and the two tone is my most often carried handgun. But even my early model Taurus PT1911 has never had an FTF or FTE.
    Took a shot on a couple Taurus 1911s. One ran like a sewing machine and was as accurate as anything I ever shot. It would feed primed brass.

The other wouldnt run cause you couldnt tune the extractor cause the channel was cut out of spec. Offset to the outside ever so slightly.

Another company that uses the customer as quality control..

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I currently have 3 Kimbers and 2 were bought used and 1 new one.

My favorite one is a Custom II my brother bought brand new around 2003-2004. It was his EDC for many years and he shot a few thousand rounds in it. He never had any problems and didn't have to get any work done to it. Just basic cleaning every once in awhile.

2nd Kimber I bought was a stainless 9mm LW fullsize but I really haven't shot it much. Maybe 400 rounds with no issues yet.

3rd Kimber is a .45acp Ultra Raptor II in stainless that I bought used. Also only shot a couple hundred rounds so not a lot of use.

I'm not a fanboi but don't hate them either.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I have some Glocks to trade for the Pimp Daddy
    64E20E45-3E73-481F-B779-8B3F3B723EC0.gif

Outrider

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2022
    Elmo, Texas
    Had a Micro 9 that never failed me but I have heard they can be troublesome with the full size 1911. Had a horrible experience with an EMP9 Springfield, wouldn't feed ammo or cycle past the first shot. Got rounds stuck in the slide and had to use a vise to get it unlodged. Found out later they are famous for the problem.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    No. What I said was correct.

No, it's not. You dismiss anything anyone says that disagrees with your position as "anecdotal" and demand scientifically complied and unassailable proof (which generally doesn't exist in any form any of us could access) of their knowledge, while offering nothing more than anecdotal evidence to back up your own position.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom