• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    After having built a plethora of AR15, AR22, AR9 and AR45 firearms and still having 5 spare stripped lowers on hand I feel the need to build an AR10.

I started looking at stripped lowers and boy, they are a LOT higher priced than AR15 and most pistol lowers. It might be more cost effective to catch a PSA sale and just buy another one.
    DK Firearms

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Check the Aero Precision site. They regularly have sales on their lowers. I got one on sale for half price, and then had Ground Zero Precision build my upper for me with parts they suggested. I couldn't be happier. The compensator actually reduces recoil. Recoil is surprisingly mild, and I developed a load shooting .448 groups.

One thing I was told early when checking it out, is to make sure both upper and lower are the same manufacturer on an AR10, and its a good idea to get the BCG from them too. So I did, and it all works great.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    After having built a plethora of AR15, AR22, AR9 and AR45 firearms and still having 5 spare stripped lowers on hand I feel the need to build an AR10.

I started looking at stripped lowers and boy, they are a LOT higher priced than AR15 and most pistol lowers. It might be more cost effective to catch a PSA sale and just buy another one.

Unless you just care to build them yourself the Ruger SFAR might be your best bet.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    If you buy a PSA rifle or just a lower / upper, just know that they will not work with a DPMS Gen 1 style upper or lower which is the most popular AR10 style to build off of.

I was going to build another upper for my DPMS AR10 and bought a PSA stripped upper that was said to work on the DPMS platform. It fit the lower just fine, but the BCG wouldn't slide back into the buffer tube but an inch or two. The holes don't line up.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I bought a PSA upper and lower when they went on sale a while back. Stainless barrel in 6.5CM…she’s a tank but also tack driver, at least at 100 yards :laughing:

I thought about getting a 308 barrel so I could convert it to a battle rifle, but it’s way too heavy IMHO

So if I ever have the need for a 308 battle rifle, I’ll probably buy a complete rifle from another MFR

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    PSA, the affordable answer to the LFAR question. 8 out of 10 guys on my deer lease have built theirs from PSA receivers, or a combo of complete uppers/lowers, and parts from PSA. Several have up grades like Faxon, Shilen, ect. All have upgraded to fancy pants trigger groups. All are exceedingly pleased with their choice to start with a PSA platform.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    If it weren't for the extra weight, and not having all ambi controls, I might have seriously considered it.

I wish you well in this endeavor.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I bought a PSA upper and lower when they went on sale a while back. Stainless barrel in 6.5CM…she’s a tank but also tack driver, at least at 100 yards :laughing:

I thought about getting a 308 barrel so I could convert it to a battle rifle, but it’s way too heavy IMHO

So if I ever have the need for a 308 battle rifle, I’ll probably buy a complete rifle from another MFR

Zeroed mine in at 300. Got to shoot it at 500 last year in Wyoming. Got it to shoot antelope, but its too heavy for a long stalk.

It is a beast, but man is it a joy to shoot.

Working on a good load for my $149 (great deal back in 2019!) 224 Valkyrie upper. Its amazing the difference in AR15 vs AR10 from a weight standpoint. Have another ladder test loaded to see if I can get another 1/2" group for this gun.

224 Valkyrie and 6.5CM ballistics are surprisingly similar. The 224 will be perfect for antelope and light enough to use on a long stalk.

Last edited:

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    There’s some great deals on Aero blem uppers and lowers on Classic Firearms right now. $110 for an M5 lower in fde cerakote. And $100 for the upper. If I had money I’d buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom