• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I don't really know much of anything about ARs. I'm looking for a rail adaptor for a military style handguard. All I know about it is that there are 5-6 holes across the top and bottom and it's round plastic. I do know enough to know it's not keymod or m-lok.

What should I be looking for? Is there a name for that old style stuff? Do I just need to convert it to a keymod/m-lok handguard?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    With the current prices of AR parts it is highly advisable to just get a new handguard, things are really cheap these days.

One thing you’ll need to decide is if you want to maintain the front sight base in front of your current handguard. If not you’ll need a gas block, or you could shave it down. You could also get a two piece drop in handguard that would replace what you currently have.

What do you plan on doing with the rifle?

How much do you want to spend?

How much work are you willing to do?

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    This one is my wife's rifle and she doesn't want it changed. I just wanted to add a small rail for a bipod or a forward grip. She has held keymod and m-lok rifles and doesn't like the weight. Hers is very light already. I've already put on a smaller gas block to a low profile for a red dot sight.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I know what you need. I just googled "picatinny rail for m4 handguard" and this is the first one that popped up.

Feel free to do the same and shop around. I don't know this site or how their prices compare. Again, first one that popped up.

Edit to add: most of these I have seen are cut at a slight angle so the rail is level while mounted on the angled hole section of the handguard. I assume all these handguards are angled the same but worth paying attention to while shopping.

https://www.combathunting.com/Quad_...tinny_Rail_for_AR15_M4_Plastic_Handguard.html
    30fdb9c6a0fdce77f7e4b01f389627c0.jpg

Attachments

• 30fdb9c6a0fdce77f7e4b01f389627c0.jpg
      30fdb9c6a0fdce77f7e4b01f389627c0.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 468
    Reactions: rp-

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Sackly what I'm looking for. Same handguard, too. Tried searching online but didn't know exactly what it was because there were so many types.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    If ypu plan on using a bipod, you will really want to go with a free float handguard. It is more expensive, but you can cause a big poi shift by using fixed handguards and a bipod.

Eta, a good mlok or keymod handguard can be lighter than a traditional setup. Getting rid of the traditional FSP and handguard cap, plus the delta ring assembly frees up a good bit of weight

Last edited:

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    If ypu plan on using a bipod, you will really want to go with a free float handguard. It is more expensive, but you can cause a big poi shift by using fixed handguards and a bipod.

Eta, a good mlok or keymod handguard can be lighter than a traditional setup. Getting rid of the traditional FSP and handguard cap, plus the delta ring assembly frees up a good bit of weight
    You mean those old spring clamp bi-pods that go right on the barrel are not good?

Top Bottom