• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    How often do you have these things break? I've seen where that should be a standard part of supplies to keep your guns running, but I've never had one do that before. To be fair, mine is on a 7.62x39 upper that is supposed to stick out more than usual to punch the commie rounds harder.
    Venture Surplus ad

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    How often do you have these things break? I've seen where that should be a standard part of supplies to keep your guns running, but I've never had one do that before. To be fair, mine is on a 7.62x39 upper that is supposed to stick out more than usual to punch the commie rounds harder.
    Well, there are more expensive things to break, but I haven't broke any. Worn down over time, but not break.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Yeah - this one broke off the front part, and jammed it into the bolt. A judicious tapping with a hammer and punch got it out.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I've broken 1 in 35 years and that's including my time in the military using Post Viet Nam M16 A2s and I saw one more break on the qualifying range
    Still they are cheap and I have several spares because why not

I've had more gas rings/ tubes/blocks fail than just about anything

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    I saw them all kinds of mangled in the Army, but I never saw a broken one. We used them for punches (and they stiill do) in the Small Arms shop.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Just for a closing - my upper was from Bear Creek. I sent them a message on their web site saying my pin broke, and that was it. Two days later two showed up in the mail! I didn't tell them who I was, or how to contact me or anything.

I know people like to rag on them, but I'm super happy with the upper. I put one pin in, and put the other one in the hand grip. Maybe it was the gun god telling me to clean my rifle. I've probably only shot 300 rounds through it, but running that cheap-ass ammo, it didn't mind being cleaned.

Top Bottom