• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    I'm looking for a 9mm complete upper, I'd like one as short as possible.
    I've seen some complete rifles with 5"-7" barrels, I just can't seem to find anyplace that sells uppers that size.

Thanks
    DK Firearms

subhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2010
    tyler, TX
    get a 9mm upper and just have it cut down and threaded, tros used to make a super short 9mm barrel years ago, but just shop around for a upper and have the barrel cut down to your desired length and thread pitch. 9mm is a straight blowback so no gas port issues. Burdett and sons in college station just north of you does great work on my barrels, give them a call

jessmcquaid

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 13, 2010
    Austin, TX
    I was looking for the same thing and decided to build one. Spikes or Rock River do a nice 9mm upper and I bought a 5" tri-lug barrel from TROS (he has them in stock right now). I will do a free float rail and a CMMG ramped 9mm bolt so I can use a standard AR hammer. Also if you want a turn key CMMG sells a two nice 7" ready to go. Once I get mine built in a week or two I will post a picture.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Tros is a good option but talk to steve at ADCO they have 5" barrel in 1/2x36 and sometimes do runs of 1/2x28 on 5 - 11.5" and they are like $125 ... ADCO doesn't make bad products either. I have a 7.5" Spikes barrel with about 50rounds through it if you wanted that. They sell new for $180 I think on spikes page I would sell it for $145.00 It is threaded 1/2x28.

No point in getting a 3 lug unless you are going to get a can that uses the 3 lug adapter. Now that is cool in theory but if you plan on running that can on pistols and sbrs .. etc etc.. you will find yourself switching them out all the time.. It becomes a pita .. A few of my friends and I run 9mm uppers with cans and the 3 lug is nice but you pay a lot more to go with that setup in extra barrel costs, extra adapter costs, etc. I use the yhm cobra and just run one of their pistol adapters in 1/2x28 ($20 part) compared to a SWR 3lug adapter at $130.00.
    Edit* I also use a home made spacer to prevent the lid from operating when you are on a fixed barrel. They sold one for awhile but it really is just a piece of aluminum tube.. I found out the exact dimensions and just made one.

http://www.adcofirearms.com/

Just my opinion.

jessmcquaid

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 13, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Top Bottom