• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    If you haven't already, go ahead and familiarize yourself with the schedule of events!

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/hicksville/72672-april-2016-hicksville-schedule-events.html

2 April 2016 Hicksville Plan of Events

7 - 11 am : Arrivals/meet and greet/shoot a few guns
    11 am - Noon : .22 Pistol Competition (Steel Pistol Range)
    Noon - Noon 45 : Lunch
    Noon 45 - 1:15 : Raffle/Group Photo (Name tag required to obtain raffle ticket)
    1:15 - 1:30 : Group Shoot
    1:30 - 3:00 : .22 Rifle Competition (Old Tac-Lane area)

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    My family will be attending so count me +4.
    Are you dying? :what:

For the 1st time in 8 meets, your wife and I think it was your son showed up last time for a few hours. Pretty cool the whole gaggle (pod, herd, etc.) will be there.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Are you dying? :what:

For the 1st time in 8 meets, your wife and I think it was your son showed up last time for a few hours. Pretty cool the whole gaggle (pod, herd, etc.) will be there.
    Yes, it was my son, not my step son.

My youngest daughter may be disappointed though. She is all about a single shot .22 rifle, a box of ammo, and shooting all day. The meets are usually too hectic for me to consider them a good range day if you really want to put some rounds down range.

I will make sure they all get to put atleast a few rounds down range though.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I am bring a small Winchester .22 single shot with 300 rounds of .22 short and about 600 rounds of LR for any kids to shoot.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Bring her. LMAO
    She's from Chicago. Maybe she doesn't like guns.

OTOH, one of the best experiences of my life was when my employer was training everyone in the country, in rotating groups, in Dallas. One of the support people was a clerk from Chicago who had never handled a firearm. Since I was semi-local, I was arranging weekend activities for the trainees. I took that girl with a group to a range in Dallas that rented full-autos. The first and only firearm she ever handled in her life was the H&K MP5 that I picked out for her. With every magazine and every longer burst, her confidence grew. So did the grin on her face, that, I swear, lasted a couple of weeks till she went home.

To see someone going from scared shitless of guns to "Holy Shit, this is fun!" in the course of 5 minutes was one of the most satisfying things I've accomplished in my life.

Flyingswords

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Smiths Station AL
    Shes not anti-gun. My dad had quite a few of them when I was a kid. Thats how I got into them. Shed just rather use me to take her shopping, since she cant drive a stick shift. Which Im guessing she would want to go to My Thanh (however its spelled) in Austin after I pick her up.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    They're going to be so many new people I might just need a name tag......nahhhh. It ain't hard to tell

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom