DK Firearms

April 17th - Second Amendment march on the Capital.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Ok folks, some more info for you. - copy and paste of an email

We will meet in the parking lot at 2nd street and congress at 10am on April 17th 2010 and start up congress to the capitol grounds at noon...

Do your best to get whatever banners, flags from 2amarch website and bring cameras' please!!!

We will need to send the footage to the national organization for them to use...

Also, i would LOVE to see as many guns as possible but no open carry of sidearms as that IS illegal. concealed carry if you are licensed is great but i want to see long arms.

Please bring as many friends and neighbors as you can...

In this day and age, We the People need to be heard AND SEEN!!!

Washington is NOT the only Capitol that needs to understand We the People are NOT going to stand for this lie any longer...
    ARJ Defense ad

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    UPDATE -
    AUSTIN PD Has informed us they will arrest and charge anybody with a long gun.

I am going to go buy a plastic M-16 with the orange tip to carry.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    I like that. A lot, actually.

I like it a lot also.
    I think I will do the plastic M-16 or maybe a super soaker and a constitution in my quick draw rig.

I had thought about a banana in my holster, but then I don't think the media would get the reference to the banana republic we live in.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    it falls under "disturbing the peace"
    That's a misdemeanor right? Whats the worst that would happen if they "throw the book at you"? Are any of our oath keepers going to be out there arresting folks for disturbing the peace if they are doing nothing wrong other than carrying a rifle? Are any laywers already queued up to address charges like this?

I'm sure some loudmouth like Alex Jones will be there with a mega phone yelling stuff. It seems like that could be considered disturbing the peace also. Hell, it seems like the whole public dissent thing could be construed as disturbing the peace... Nice little catch all they have there.

Honestly, I think carrying a gun to this sort of thing is a bad idea. It just matters that we're there in numbers. Leave them guessing if we're currently armed or not. What pisses me off is that APD is basically saying "we're gonna get you".

chopper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    east tx
    so let me get this right? its O.K. to carry long guns in Tx openly...unless alot of ppl are all in the same place at the same time who are openly carrying long guns?
    This sounds like a 2A march that is having its 2A rights infringed upon...doesnt that kinda take the teeth out of the protest?

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I think it's great to protest and promote the 2A.
    However, personally I think we all need to concentrate on our biggest problem and in Texas at least we are in pretty good shape compared to the rest of the country.
    That would be to keep the biggest issues alive > destroying the Health care support and if Texas could pass laws nullifying it ~ that would be a step in the right direction.
    Keeping the right issues alive would assist in motivating the people to get the right people in office that would not stand for the corruption and nonsense we have today.
    Bigger issues are tax increases, take over of business, illegal immigration and jobs.
    Noble to push for more gun rights but bigger fish to fry right now, IMO.
    If we all lived in the East or Kommiefornia > another story. .02

MAJIK_BONE_77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nowhere
    I think it's great to protest and promote the 2A.
    However, personally I think we all need to concentrate on our biggest problem and in Texas at least we are in pretty good shape compared to the rest of the country.
    That would be to keep the biggest issues alive > destroying the Health care support and if Texas could pass laws nullifying it ~ that would be a step in the right direction.
    Keeping the right issues alive would assist in motivating the people to get the right people in office that would not stand for the corruption and nonsense we have today.
    Bigger issues are tax increases, take over of business, illegal immigration and jobs.
    Noble to push for more gun rights but bigger fish to fry right now, IMO.
    If we all lived in the East or Kommiefornia > another story. .02

I have to agree, I'm all for a 2A march, but I think it would be of better use somewhere outside of Texas. While we aren't as free with our firearms as I wish we were, we're better than the rest of the country, and all it takes is 1 douche nut-job at the march with his gun to cause alot of problems for everyone who abides by the law when it come to their guns. Healthcare, the economy, Climate change, the take over of American businesses by the government, and getting out those ass-clown representitives in Tx that supported healthcare reform, are all a little more important right now, at least in Tx because of the freedom in regards to firearms we have here.

As i said nothing against a 2A march, but timing is everything, and with all the anger the public feels right now, it might not be the best time to invite everyone with a gun to show up in at the capital, since it only takes one nut to spoil everything for everyone else.

2A march is good, and I'm sure it's gonna happen anyway, so bring your truth, your integrity, your copy of the Constitution, and bring your voice, but leave your guns at home.

blacksheep

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    the range
    Ok folks, some more info for you. - copy and paste of an email

We will meet in the parking lot at 2nd street and congress at 10am on April 17th 2010 and start up congress to the capitol grounds at noon...

Do your best to get whatever banners, flags from 2amarch website and bring cameras' please!!!

We will need to send the footage to the national organization for them to use...

Also, i would LOVE to see as many guns as possible but no open carry of sidearms as that IS illegal. concealed carry if you are licensed is great but i want to see long arms.

Please bring as many friends and neighbors as you can...

In this day and age, We the People need to be heard AND SEEN!!!

Washington is NOT the only Capitol that needs to understand We the People are NOT going to stand for this lie any longer...

Because it worked so well on the obamacare bill ? Sorry I don't believe they care what the people have to say.
    Maybe mid-term elections will help them hear the American people better.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    YUPPERS!! i agree with blacksheep!! this administration hasnt and doesnt give one rats a$$ about what the people have to say!! its all about how much power they can grab!! im mean really, WHY ELSE would they toss in the TAKING OVER THE COLLEGE LOAN PROGRAM that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with healthcare????? YUP its a power grab, and to add to everything else they've taken over in just one yr!! the funniest part is, i for the life of me cant figure out why ANYONE stands behind our govmnt to run healthcare efficiently??????? YEAH, it worked out real well for UM, social security, the post office, medicade, medicare, fannie mae and freddie mac etc. ALL of which are bankrupt or damn near it!! some real rocket scientists thought that one out!!

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Don't you think a march on opposition to Heathcare would be more effective?
    Perry is already on the bandwagon and perhaps it could push a stand by Texas to enact legislation to rebuke the mandates as VA did.
    What good does a 2A march do in Texas?
    What more do you want?
    Some want open carry, OK so it that's what it is about?
    Like I said we have it pretty good compared to other states.
    I would love not to have to have a CHL, not have to register NFA arms and open carry if you so desire but the march seems useless, IMO.
    There are a bunch of states that need to change but Texas is pretty good shape.
    I don't mind the notion but I think it is alot to do about nothing.
    We need to concentrate on more important issues, IMO.
    However, we all need to feel free to do whatever we want ~ so go for it ...if you so choose.

Top Bottom