• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Okay...now HERE'S a strange one for ya'll.....

Was visiting with a customer today that had an unusual favor to ask of me....to shoot his FN Herstal over the weekend to help get the "break-in" rounds in it!

So....if ya have some 5.7 x 28 ammo layin' around, an' wanna give it a try, ah'm goin' out ta Dietz Sunday ta give it a whirl. Have a hunnert rounds to play with, so if ya wanna try it out, PM me an' grab ya some ammo tomorrow!
    Figger ta head out ta Dietz about noon.....
    Capitol Armory ad

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Don't know 'bout all them details, but I like ta shoot. Wish I lived near by. Have fun big daddy.

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    While that may seem wierd I have thought about lending my Sig 1911 tac ops out to get the break in period over with just to work out the reliability issues. I bought it two months ago and have only been able to put 100 rounds down it with 4 ftrtb. I dont want to send it back in until I at least have 500-600 rounds out of her. I cant go out nearly as much as I would like due to my jobs hours and my 18 month old so having someone else put the rounds through her for me kinda sounds like a good idea (Friends I trust only of coarse). So to me this is a good idea.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Five Seven pistol or PS90?

Here's my son tapping some out on an SBRed PS90 with an Osprey.

sorry to thread jack, but am I tripping or is that osprey moving in and out? Do ospreys do that?

I do see that they have a spring...

SilencercoOspreyInternals.jpg

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    TXR does anyone locally sell that ammo? if i can afford it i'll give ya a shot so to speak

- pending my wife's approval

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i'll take a look!

either way i'd liek ya to take a look at my AR's rear sight. not sure if i've got it on correctly. hopefully i can get out there tomorow.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    sorry to thread jack, but am I tripping or is that osprey moving in and out? Do ospreys do that?

I do see that they have a spring...

SilencercoOspreyInternals.jpg

Called a booster, or Nielsen device it's used on pistols to help unlock the slide from the barrel.

"By incorporating a ND, the weight of the suppressor can be uncoupled from the barrel, allowing the firearm to function properly by boosting the recoil energy of the barrel and slide."

Unnecessary on rifles though but we were lazy and didn't change out the adapter.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    damn the time is good, but the wife is under the weather. going to stay home and take care of her! if shes doing better i'll be there.

Top Bottom