• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    I recently purchased my first AR,and have been looking around for some optics. I came across the Vortex Strikefire. And after watching a few YouTube videos and reading reviews, it seems to be the best bet for what I'm planning on using it for.(plinking). The reasons I think it'll work for me is it comes with the high mount and the 2x magnifier(even if it may be crappy).
    Every where I've seen has them for around $170. Which was out of my original price range until I did a little more research and found that most red dots didn't come with high mount or a magnifier.
    Any ways just wanted to see if anyone was using one. Seems to be a pretty decent rig.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Haven't used one but My experience with vortex has been excellent. They are a great value when you compare the quality to the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    I have a strikefire. Great optic for the price. That being said, I am just as happy with primary arms red dot that I paid $59 for. They both hold their zero well and put a red dot on the target.

Don't get me wrong, neither is an aimpoint. But for plinking, there is no way the price of an aimpoint is worth it.

NaturallyArrognt

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Boerne
    I was originally looking at the vortex strikefire when i was gonna buy an optic for my AR but ended up getting the Primary arms red dot with the multi reticle $100 and upgraded to the cantilever mount for $10 and it is great and ive nvr had any problems with it. I actually ow three sets of the same optic for various rifles i own.

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    I just dug up the receipt and it was a primary arms M3. I am not sure if they still make this model or not. I bought mine in 2010.

Top Bottom