Hurley's Gold

Anyone shooting tomorrow at the Bullet Hole?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Im bored of shooting alone

i tend to bring a good selection with me so even if you only have 1 gun or heck, if your new and have nothing.... bring/buy ammo and shoot anything i bring.

Anyhow, im wide open and can go anytime.

JOe
    Capitol Armory ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Sorry, by the Bullethole is off my range list for good.

We tried going by the there yesterday, since the Bullis range was closed due to military training. They had both an IDPA match and CHL training going on, so there was absolutely no place to park; but the worse part was one of the jackass employees there about t-boned us in the parking lot. We had the right of way (going straight on a t-junction), but the idiot saw us and sped up, then had the gall to yell and wave at us to slow down. That is the bottom straw, that place is a death trap and I have had enough bad experiences there to avoid the place from now on. We have witnessed numerous safety violations that the "management" has failed to address (people handling weapons while the range was cold and people were downrange checking their targets, individuals walking out on the pistol range while it was active, gangbanger-wannabes rapid firing and mishandling weapons, etc). A guy I work with even got yelled at by the owner for picking up his own brass (he reloads!). I have also heard other stories about what's be going on with the management of the place that are simply scary.

We ended up driving down to Blackhawk, where they were not only friendlier but also more accommodating. I've shot an IDPA match there before but never just target shooting. We had a great time, the range was professionally run and safe, and I had no worries about shooting with my 12-yr-old. Bullis will remain our primary range, but when it's unavailable we will drive the extra 15 minutes to go to Blackhawk bypassing the Bullethole in the process. I have simply lost tolerance for the buffoonery that goes on there...

Cheers! M2

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    wow. I hear ya.

I went Friday afternoon and had an issue with an 2 idiots at 2 seperate times. waving the gun around, mag in and finger on the trigger, then the other guy (different group) just walked out to changed his target without telling anyone.

then the guy at the front desk is always oh so happy and full of smiles (NOT)...

but its either there or Bass Pro shop and a 30 minute time limit sucks ass and is a total waste. So sick of that place...

i wish i had the $$$ to buy some land out here. I would love to have a decent range within an hour of my place but i have yet to find such a place. I have to try blackhawk i guess. im sock of shooting at places that make me feel like im wasting their time or having to fear getting shot by an idiot who needs to be taught right quick how to handle a firearm.

JOe

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    JOe

Now that Camp Bullis has implemented a .223/5.56 rifle round limit, it looks like Blackhawk will become our primary rifle range. The fact that they've only got a 100 yard rifle range really doesn't bother me that much, the fact that an annual family pass is only $125 (half of what the Bullethole charges) and how much nicer Blackhawk is compared to the Bullethole makes the decision a no-brainer. It really is a nice range and I have yet to hear or experience the horror stories I've heard about the Bullethole. The extra ten miles we have to travel to get there is no biggie, for safety and enjoyment I will gladly drive the extra distance.

You really should check it out, you'll most likely be as impressed as we were; especially when compared to the Bullethole!

Cheers! M2

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have to agree with MajorMadMax, and IMO the Blackhawk range is the only range worth going to anymore, for the money. I can't stand all of the safety violations at the bullethole, nor can I stomach the level of service I get when I walk in there. On my last couple of visits I have had to cut my shooting short and play RSO on the pistol line just no nobody would get hurt. <-- I am dead serious about that, full fledged RSO like I owned the place and I didnt get a thank you, cudo's, discount, pat on the back nothing. Anywho the Blackhawk has been great, I meet great people there and I have not feared for my life not once since I been making that drive out there.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Thanks for the heads up guys.

I'll be heading to the bullet hole wednesday it looks like. CA really sucked for most 2a stuff, but i'll be damned, they had better ranges.

JOe

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    JOe

Now that Camp Bullis has implemented a .223/5.56 rifle round limit, it looks like Blackhawk will become our primary rifle range. The fact that they've only got a 100 yard rifle range really doesn't bother me that much, the fact that an annual family pass is only $125 (half of what the Bullethole charges) and how much nicer Blackhawk is compared to the Bullethole makes the decision a no-brainer. It really is a nice range and I have yet to hear or experience the horror stories I've heard about the Bullethole. The extra ten miles we have to travel to get there is no biggie, for safety and enjoyment I will gladly drive the extra distance.

You really should check it out, you'll most likely be as impressed as we were; especially when compared to the Bullethole!

Cheers! M2

I think I might try there. I've had it with Bracken. I think they've had some seriuos liability issues. They won't let you shoot standing. Period.

Do they bother you about picking up your own brass at blackhawk? Thanks.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Nope, you are not required to pick up your brass at Blackhawk; but I don't think anyone will stop you if you did.

About the only place I've shot that required that was Bullis, and of course the buffoons at the Bullethole think that if your brass hits their ground, then it belongs to them for some reason...

Top Bottom