Capitol Armory ad

Anyone keep a survival kit in their vehicles?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I don't keep a survival kit in my car due to the texas heat. I do usually bring a bag of stuff with me when I go places. Nothing crazy. Spare ammo, water, clothes, first aid kit, trauma kit, survival kit..........

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I don't keep a survival kit in my car due to the texas heat. I do usually bring a bag of stuff with me when I go places. Nothing crazy. Spare ammo, water, clothes, first aid kit, trauma kit, survival kit..........

I never had much issues with heat and survival kits, be it Texas or Iraq, a Humvee or a Bradley. I do have travel bags with better gear I bring on set trips.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I never had much issues with heat and survival kits, be it Texas or Iraq, a Humvee or a Bradley. I do have travel bags with better gear I bring on set trips.
    I don't know if Texas heat will cause any issues. It's just something I do in general. Prevention. I would hate to need my gear and find it defective.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    1079full-calhoun-tubbs.jpg

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Um, I'm not responsible for you...I'm not a para-medic or an emt...

Do I sound harsh?

Yes, yes I do.

Would I help you in crisis?

Sure.

Am I 'obligated' to carry 'mucho gear' to save your ass?

No

I won't be 'guilt tripped' into carrying such gear....

If you 'citizen' are caught in a life threatening/life ending situation, I'm not your 'huckleberry', but If I can, I'll help, but carry an inventory of life saving equipment...nah..

Oh, I'm a monster for not holding this gear in my inventory...nope, just a regular guy...

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Bah. I got my zip ties. I'll be fine. Duct tape gets all gooey in a car in the summer time.
    That just helps it stick better...

I have had some pretty serious wounds mysef that had to be bandaged on the spot. I have several 1st aid kits too. But what most often gets used,,,,electrical or duct tape and a dirty bandana or a piece of my shirt I cut off. Most of the people I know with first aid kits can tell you everything about it. Eccept how to use it effectively. And that is the most important part of it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    I’m an EMT/FF. I usually keep a bag equipped with wound care items and I still have my o2 bag as well from the squad days. Has a few MREs as well. It’s for me and my own unless a severe situation calls for rendering aid to others. I also keep a small kit in my range bag.

I plan on heading across the border to pickup some survival meds to have on hand as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom