• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    The wife and I are still looking for a permanent (permanent for now) place to call home and have been looking a lot into this area, specifically she seems to like the Elm Hollow apts. Anyone live in the area and or know that apt complex that can chime in with their $0.02? Thanks in advance.
    Gun Zone Deals

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Several of us live out in that area, it's nice but traffic can be a bit of a pain sometimes. However, since the "conversion" of 1604 into a "superstreet," that seems to have gotten better. Lots of shopping, restaurants, and you are right on the edge of the Texas Hill Country so "getting away from it all" is quick and easy.

I'd recommend it, and there are plenty of new apartment complexes in the area especially closer to UTSA. I don't have any firsthand knowledge of them, but if you look at ForRent.com and use the 78254 area code (or 78023 for Helotes) you will get a good idea of what's available and how they are.

Cheers! M2

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Thanks M2, right now we're in NE SA close to Universal City but she's working over there off of Bandera Rd so we've been looking into it. I do like that it's more like the small town atmosphere that I'm used to and want for the most part but still close enough to anything I'd want/need such as downtown, the VA, etc.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Yeah just grew up in the small pos town of Aransas Pass living outside of city limits in limbo between AP and Rockport so we were pretty privileged on what we could get away with and never been to fond of bigger areas though have always loved San Antonio as I spent a lot of my childhood here which is why we're here now. Have a buddy that lives in Cibolo nice seeming place, maybe we'll be looking there when it comes time to buy a house and not just rent though who knows maybe the wife will get past her hatred of the place and we'll move back down to the Corpus area. Though the way I see it in the last 5 years I have bounced back and forth between about 10 different countries and a few states spending about 8 months on the east coast in Maryland and living in California the majority of the rest of the time IDGAF where we live as long as it's in Texas where we belong.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I prefer it up here in SA, compared down by the gulf, like CC, or Rockport. I lived in Victoria, before I moved to SA, and that is one backward ass, hellhole of a town. I would routinely find myself sitting in the poormans country club in Rockport, drinking Lonestars with the locals. I do not like CC, my wife was born and raised there, but to me it feels really slummy, except for the bay front. IMHO San Antonio is where it's at.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Yeah I really do like it up here way better than the Corpus area but being as I was born and raised in AP and that's where my parents live and my dad has his business in Rockport it'll always have a place in my heart. Though I do feel that if I went back there once I got into working and everything the hatred of that area will come back like it was after high school especially with a good majority of the people I went to school with still stuck there working dead end jobs. My wife was born in Houston but grew up in Portland and can't stand it down there, if it wasn't for both of us having a good amount of family in the area I don't think she'd even let us go visit lol. She really wants to move to the Austin area but for now I'm focusing on the present and for us that's the SA area.

RPS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Boerne
    The wife and I are still looking for a permanent (permanent for now) place to call home and have been looking a lot into this area, specifically she seems to like the Elm Hollow apts. Anyone live in the area and or know that apt complex that can chime in with their $0.02? Thanks in advance.

Behind the Pizza Hut based on Google maps?

I work on the other side of the High School from there. Traffic patterns can be somewhat annoying.

Especially having to go right, then an unprotected U-Turn to get to 1604. Unless you can exit onto 1560.

Wal-Mart is going in behind the Starbucks across 16 from those Apts. Plenty of food and shopping near by. Figure out the traffic flow and shortcuts and it's not to bad around here.

I prefer my house being in Boerne though. Even less of a crowd around.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Behind the Pizza Hut based on Google maps?

Yup that's the one, and like I said I've lived in southern California for the last few years so I'm sure I can handle the traffic. I've been over there a few times and I like the area for the most part, my wife works over there in the shopping center area that's right on the corner of 1604 and 16 so she's over there almost everyday and says she really likes it. There being a lot of stuff in decently close proximity is definitely a plus. Thanks for your input RPS I definitely appreciate it.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    My FIL and his wife lived in those apts for awhile, they never said anything bad about them. They lived in a small bedroom that was pretty small, but it worked for them. I believe they said they enjoyed some kind of coffee get-togethers that went on.

My wife grew up in Helotes, frankly my favorite thing about Helotes is this place...
    http://www.elchaparral.com/

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    My FIL and his wife lived in those apts for awhile, they never said anything bad about them. They lived in a small bedroom that was pretty small, but it worked for them. I believe they said they enjoyed some kind of coffee get-togethers that went on.

My wife grew up in Helotes, frankly my favorite thing about Helotes is this place...

+1 for elchaparral, great place

I live just down the road from the area and it is definitely a nice area to reside in.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012

Thanks Skip, I knew somebody would have something to say about those apts eventually. We're pretty set on moving to that area just a matter of finding a place me and the Mrs. agree on.

+1 for elchaparral, great place

I live just down the road from the area and it is definitely a nice area to reside in.

Thanks will definitely have to check it out, never a bad thing knowing where to get good food.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Resurrecting an old thread to say I think we finally found an apt that's in our price range, close to work, not a rat hole, and we both agree on it. It's not in Helotes but close, off of Vance Jackson rd, dropping the deposit off on Monday!

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Yeah I thought so as well, these were recommended to my wife by a coworker who lived there before they bought their house so we went to check them out but they didn't have the floor plan available so we looked at the smaller one. After we left we serpentined the other apts in the area to get a feel for price range and community options, etc. The lady at the first apts called me yesterday and said someone who had turned in an app on the larger floor plan dropped out so we went today to look at it and liked it a lot better. We're both tired of shopping around, got out of the Corps and came back to Texas in April, came up to San Antonio in May, and have been looking around since, all the places we had interest in didn't have the floor plan that met our needs available for rent so we kept looking. This one however seems to be just what we're looking for minus a few things (no hot tub or fitness center) but the actual living space is great, has full size washer/dryer connections, and a good size balcony, it's also on the corner with plenty of parking areas, trees, and grass for our dog so fingers crossed that they approve us and we can settle in. Plus side is I won't have to ever get on the 1604 if I don't want to (which is quite the pain going to/coming from work now) and I can leave a lot later to get to work.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom