Hurley's Gold

Anyone in DFW a private investigator or know one. Searching for lost family members.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Long story Short version.
    My wife and her sister were born a year apart on the same day. After her sister was born, 1965, she was healthy and in perfect condition. Her mom held her etc. They took her for some testing and came back saying she died and her dad signed papers for cremation. She, wife mom, never saw a death certificate or filled out any papers for birth or death certs. Nor was she able to secure remains she desperately wanted.

I dont want to air dirty laundry of deceased people but suffice it to say the dad didnt want more kids and the dads mom didnt either. Before the dads mom died a few years back she said someone needs to find Dawn my wife's sister.

My wife and her mom always thought she did not die and was signed over for adoption by the dad and his mom signing as the birth mom. Ofcourse this would be in a quasi illegal adoption scam not to mention what it says about those two.

From what I've been able to find out there was quite alot of this all over the country at the time, new tv series about it even. Also he was in the navy and I've heard naval officers adopted babies like this and there were quite a few incidents like this at the time.

I havnt had access to any ncic or like databases since before I met my wife and I couldnt have used them like this to begin with as its Illegal. Even if it wasnt I wouldnt have used it like this cause every dept or agency I worked for had rules against such things, were not talking looking up a license plate of some girl here. Besides I have what some call a weakness or fatal flaw, I'm honest. Hell the only times I ever got in trouble I told on myself. I'd turn my own mother in if she did something wrong. Not as hard as you would think my moms a...unique person.

I need to try to take this to a next level of investigation. There is supposed to be a birth and death certificate but I've never been able to find a complete one only databases saying they exist. If anyone is a private investigator or knows one I would like to at least consult about a good process.

Another reason I'm looking for help is This happend in Solano county CA in Nov of 65. I understand lots of stuff can be found in internet searches and internet based background checks but I havnt really done anything like this in a while and I dont want to pay 3 times for the same stuff or fly to hell in cali for research if I can help it. Also I would want to search some adoption records and there are strict rules for that.

Any help would be great. This is important to my wife and shes important to me and I cant just watch this eat her up with not knowing.

Oh, we will be doing the DNA kits of 2 or 3 places used for this but there are only a few million people in those.

Thanks in advance. All my contacts in this area are back in AZ and long time gone.

I guess I lied about the short part. Cliff notes version I guess.
    ARJ Defense ad

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    If it were me, I'd start by calling an adoption agency or three in Solano county CA and giving them the basics of possible adoption in 65 and see what laws there may or may not be that would help or hinder your investigation.

If there is such a thing as a nurses online forum similar to TGT that has California members, asking on there might also give some unofficial insight as to what things might have gone on and any suggestions on where to look.

I would also think there would be online forums dedicated to finding lost siblings that might offer advice.

And of course trying the online genealogy angle might help find a match if they offer that service to anyone other than the police.

A PI or lawyer would work too, but they charge by the hour, so you'll need to find one who has a good idea of where to start looking so you don't waste a fortune.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    DNA testing via Ancestry, 23&Me and Family Tree DNA (Autosomal is recommended) if the options listed above don't produce answers. If her sister is alive, she will likely test to try and find her family. Great way to find family. By casting a wide net on the big three of Ancestry, 23&ME and Family Tree DNA she's more likely to find her. Also, if her mother is alive she should test as well. All of these companies run sales during the holidays. I've seen Ancestry as cheap as $49. After you test, upload the test to GEDMatch to cast an wider net. Ancestry's database is the largest and over 26 million people.

dfwpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Feel free to PM me. Retired cop, licensed PI for past 7 years, doing real estate as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

dfwpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Long story Short version.
    My wife and her sister were born a year apart on the same day. After her sister was born, 1965, she was healthy and in perfect condition. Her mom held her etc. They took her for some testing and came back saying she died and her dad signed papers for cremation. She, wife mom, never saw a death certificate or filled out any papers for birth or death certs. Nor was she able to secure remains she desperately wanted.

I dont want to air dirty laundry of deceased people but suffice it to say the dad didnt want more kids and the dads mom didnt either. Before the dads mom died a few years back she said someone needs to find Dawn my wife's sister.

My wife and her mom always thought she did not die and was signed over for adoption by the dad and his mom signing as the birth mom. Ofcourse this would be in a quasi illegal adoption scam not to mention what it says about those two.

From what I've been able to find out there was quite alot of this all over the country at the time, new tv series about it even. Also he was in the navy and I've heard naval officers adopted babies like this and there were quite a few incidents like this at the time.

I havnt had access to any ncic or like databases since before I met my wife and I couldnt have used them like this to begin with as its Illegal. Even if it wasnt I wouldnt have used it like this cause every dept or agency I worked for had rules against such things, were not talking looking up a license plate of some girl here. Besides I have what some call a weakness or fatal flaw, I'm honest. Hell the only times I ever got in trouble I told on myself. I'd turn my own mother in if she did something wrong. Not as hard as you would think my moms a...unique person.

I need to try to take this to a next level of investigation. There is supposed to be a birth and death certificate but I've never been able to find a complete one only databases saying they exist. If anyone is a private investigator or knows one I would like to at least consult about a good process.

Another reason I'm looking for help is This happend in Solano county CA in Nov of 65. I understand lots of stuff can be found in internet searches and internet based background checks but I havnt really done anything like this in a while and I dont want to pay 3 times for the same stuff or fly to hell in cali for research if I can help it. Also I would want to search some adoption records and there are strict rules for that.

Any help would be great. This is important to my wife and shes important to me and I cant just watch this eat her up with not knowing.

Oh, we will be doing the DNA kits of 2 or 3 places used for this but there are only a few million people in those.

Thanks in advance. All my contacts in this area are back in AZ and long time gone.

I guess I lied about the short part. Cliff notes version I guess.
    Whatever became of this?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom