Patriot Mobile

ANYONE HERE OWN & SHOOT the WALTHER 9mm CREED??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Friends,

IF you actually bought, carry & shoot the WALTHER CREED, I would like your opinion of the handgun, inasmuch as at least TWO major vendors have them for sale with 2 mags & a hard-case right now for 249.95 with FREE S&H.= I have read the reviews on "the Worldwideweird" but would like to know the practical/personal experience of at least one of our forum's members with the CREED & before I order a pair of them for me & one for my brother's Christmas present.
    (At this juncture, I could use another 9mm pistol or 2 but don't want to make an error for > 800.oo, counting FFL transfer.)

yours, satx

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    i don't own one, but have shot several.

Imho, I'd pass. The ones I've shot were not super reliable, and the amount and quality of competeing options makes them a tough sell, I'd rather have a canik, or one of the LEO glock/S&W trade ins if you could swing it.

They are very big guns, even compared to my ppq they still seemed big. Mags are not the PPQ pattern, and aren't cheap, though CDNN has them for $20 right now

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    zackmars,

INTERESTING comment , inasmuch as all of the "Worldwideweird" reviews talk about how reliable that the Creed is, how excellent that the stock trigger squeeze is "out of the box" AND that they are almost exactly the same size as the Glock 19.
    (While I am NO FAN OF any Glock & would not own one if they were free, I don't think of the Glock 19 as being a "large" pistol. - I once saw the results of a Glock literally "coming apart" on the Ft Meade pistol range & seriously injuring the shooter's face.)

yours, satx

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-19_7-41-32.png
      upload_2019-10-19_7-41-32.png
      41.6 KB · Views: 315
    Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I have not shot a creed, but own a PPQ.
    I was looking at the creed after I bought my PPQ, and the shop owner told me not to waste my money.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I have not shot a creed, but own a PPQ.
    I was looking at the creed after I bought my PPQ, and the shop owner told me not to waste my money.

ZX9RCAM,

Given that the lowest price that I've seen for the PPQ is considerably more than TWICE the current "street price" of the CREED, I'm NOT surprised at your seller's comment. = I'd guess that if the salesman was selling CADILLACs that he's tell you NOT to waste your money on a Chevy.
    (CHUCKLE)

yours, satx

Last edited:

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    I owned a Creed Walther in 9mm for about 2 weeks. Paid $200 used. Sold it for $225. Would have been happy with $100 for it.

Not on my recommended list. Trigger was pretty crappy. Anything less than an absolutely stiff arm and wrist was almost guaranteed to give me a FTE or FTF and stovepipe- with factory ammo such as winchester white box.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    ZX9RCAM,

Given that the lowest price that I've seen for the PPQ is considerably more than TWICE the current "street price" of the CREED, I'm NOT surprised at your seller's comment. = I'd guess that if the salesman was selling CADILLACs that he's tell you NOT to waste your money on a Chevy.
    (CHUCKLE)

yours, satx

Did you miss the part where I said I already bought the PPQ?
    He had already made the sale before I asked about the creed.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    zackmars,

INTERESTING comment , inasmuch as all of the "Worldwideweird" reviews talk about how reliable that the Creed is, how excellent that the stock trigger squeeze is "out of the box" AND that they are almost exactly the same size as the Glock 19.
    (While I am NO FAN OF any Glock & would not own one if they were free, I don't think of the Glock 19 as being a "large" pistol. - I once saw the results of a Glock literally "coming apart" on the Ft Meade pistol range & seriously injuring the shooter's face.)

yours, satx

I didn't measure them, but it seemed more like a .45acp Glock, not a 9mm one

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I didn't measure them, but it seemed more like a .45acp Glock, not a 9mm one

zackmars,

May I suggest that you measure the 9mm Creed against the 9mm Glock 19??
    There is LESS than a quarter inch in overall length & a 1/16th inch difference in thickness between the 2 handguns

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Did you miss the part where I said I already bought the PPQ?
    He had already made the sale before I asked about the creed.

ZX9RCAM,

NOPE. I didn't miss it. = I just take the SELF-SERVING comments of commissioned salesmen with a POUND, rather than a teaspoon, of salt.
    (That's why I asked for the opinions of our forum members, who actually OWN/SHOOT/CARRY a Creed, as every Internet reviewer that I've seen LIKES & recommends the Creed as a "best buy for the money". = "Hickock 45" for just ONE "generally well-regarded" reviewer.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    zackmars,

May I suggest that you measure the 9mm Creed against the 9mm Glock 19??
    There is LESS than a quarter inch in overall length & a 1/16th inch difference in thickness between the 2 handguns

yours, satx

Small measurements make a big difference.

Even if they are close, they sure don't feel like it, it's at least 7 oz heavier

You can find better options for pretty much any use

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    ZX9RCAM,

NOPE. I didn't miss it. = I just take the SELF-SERVING comments of commissioned salesmen with a POUND, rather than a teaspoon, of salt.
    (That's why I asked for the opinions of our forum members, who actually OWN/SHOOT/CARRY a Creed, as every Internet reviewer that I've seen LIKES & recommends the Creed as a "best buy for the money". = "Hickock 45" for just ONE "generally well-regarded" reviewer.)

yours, satx

Hickock would sell any gun with a smile if it came with a nice check from buds

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    ZX9RCAM,

yours, satx

He wasn't just a commissioned salesman, he is the owner, and I have known them so long that my membership number to their range is a single digit.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Small measurements make a big difference.

Even if they are close, they sure don't feel like it, it's at least 7 oz heavier

You can find better options for pretty much any use

zackmars,

Whatever that I buy (if anything, as I'm I NO hurry), it surely won't be a "plastic" (and in my opinion, a DANGEROUS design) Glock.
    (In the first month that the DC Metro Police issued the Glock 19, there were EIGHT reported cases where the pistol went off while INSIDE the duty holster & in 4 of those incidents the LEO was WOUNDED, while entering/exiting their patrol car. "Glock corporate" tried to blame Safariland's holsters, W/O success, for the incidents- One wonders how many UNREPORTED incidents that there were.)
    Btw, I was working for another LE agency in DC at the time (Our Resident Agency was located in DC police district "Four-D") & knew several senior DC police supervisors, who wanted the city to get rid of the Glock pistols & issue a "more suitable firearm".

yours, satx

Last edited:

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    zackmars,

Whatever that I buy (if anything, as I'm I NO hurry), it surely won't be a "plastic" (and in my opinion, a DANGEROUS design) Glock.
    (In the first month that the DC Metro Police issued the Glock 19, there were EIGHT reported cases where the pistol went off while INSIDE the duty holster & in 4 of those incidents the LEO was WOUNDED, while entering/exiting their patrol car. "Glock corporate" tried to blame Safariland's holsters, W/O success, for the incidents- One wonders how many UNREPORTED incidents that there were.)
    Btw, I was working for another LE agency in DC at the time (Our Resident Agency was located in DC police district "Four-D") & knew several senior DC police supervisors, who wanted the city to get rid of the pistols & issue a "more suitable firearm".

yours, satx

Many safariland holsters allow you to pull the trigger on a holstered glock

Glocks are not dangerous

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    zackmars,

The ISSUE HOLSTER that DC bought/issued to their patrolmen had COVERED trigger guards.

You're WELCOME to own/shoot/carry a "plastic" Glock but do NOT blame me if you have an "accidental discharge" inside the holster. = You've been warned by a veteran LEO, who was PRESENT at that place/time & knew senior DC officers who were actually involved in the investigation of the "unintended discharge" incidents.

Further, I was the Army Rangemaster at the time that the Glock "came apart" on MY range & personally SAW the USPS Inspector's UGLY facial wound, before he was transported to the Ft Meade Hospital's ER. = The Postal Inspector almost lost his right eye & required over 100 stiches by a facial reconstructive surgeon (an AMC Colonel/O6) to close the wound & later reportedly had 2 other operations on his face..
    (I was about 200M away when the incident happened but "rushed to the scene", as I was "in charge of"/"signed for" the range & therefore "responsible" for reporting/investigating the incident.)

ADDENDA: MSG/E8 Carlos A. Garza & I "collected" both loaded rounds & expended cases as "evidence" for the "formal"/follow-up investigation by the Installation Provost Marshal's office & for the Director of Range Control. Two USSS agents also completed/submitted an investigation of the incident, at the request of the Postmaster General's office.
    The ammo collected/preserved as evidence in the incident inquiry was "Non-Plus P", USPS-issue, 124 grain Remington JHP.

Like I said, I wouldn't own/shoot a Glock IF they were FREE.

just my OPINION, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom