Anyone have an old school tonic they take?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    On of my greatest friends is 89 years old. He had a tonic that remade up on an ild Jack Daniel's bottle. It was vinegar garlic cayenne pepper & water IIRC. He would take a long draw on that every morning. I tried it once and it kicked my ass.

I just started doing olive oil, lemon juice & cayenne pepper in the morning. It's suppose to do all kinds of good for you, so I figured what not.

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Wally organic with mother apple cider vinegar mid morning, Bellucci olive oil early evening.

I've noticed my blood pressure dropped from high 120s-130s to mid teens-mid 120s, occasionally under 110. No other changes to diet, activity, or exercise level, not on any meds.

Can't say the ACV and/or olive oil is responsible, just my observation. I didn't even start taking the stuff for BP; the olive oil was to try to lower cholesterol/heart health, ACV was to try to avoid another kidney stone. But if it helps with BP, win!

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    1726422071725.png

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Old time remedy for an upset stomach used in my family for generations:
    Take a shot of warmed Watkins liniment and milk, one tsp each.
    You will begin feeling better within 15 minutes, or you will toss your cookies and start feeling better soon after.
    Note, liniment is meant only for topical use. A warning will likely be found on the bottle effectively saying not to be ingested. Do so at your own risk.
    IANAMD

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Old time remedy for an upset stomach used in my family for generations:
    Take a shot of warmed Watkins liniment and milk, one tsp each.
    You will begin feeling better within 15 minutes, or you will toss your cookies and start feeling better soon after.
    Note, liniment is meant only for topical use. A warning will likely be found on the bottle effectively saying not to be ingested. Do so at your own risk.
    IANAMD
    I worked with these to sisters ad they both said their grandmother gave them Vick's Vapo Rub on a spoon.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Knew a man who used WD-40 to limber his joints, Put him in the hospital.
    My Grand Mother always put turpentine poultices on our chests for the Croup.
    Watkins brown and black salves were staples for scrapes and cuts.

Last edited:

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Knew a man who used WD-40 to limber his joints, Put him in the hospital.
    Back over 40 years ago when I was heavily involved in martial arts, one old myth that still floated around was that adding a lot of vinegar to one's diet helped make the joints more flexible. The "proof" was that if you soaked chicken bones overnight in vinegar they would become much more "bendable." Yeah; we were all young...and pretty much idiots. :D

Top Bottom