• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Viper and Boa are the only two snake guns I don't have......almost had an original Viper a few years ago, but talked the owner out of trading with me when I told him of it's real value......He was my Son's boss (Sheriff) and he said I could have screwed him bad, lol.......

New ones come in 3 inch and 4.25 inch.......and a reasonable MSRP of $999.00................

Going to start saving for a 3 inch............

1723405388662.png

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I'm thinking I will actually shoot it if I buy one.........

Enigma57

Dec 7, 2020
    Dallas/ Fort Worth Area
    Yes, with the re-introduction of Colt's line of new snakes; ownership of the 6 out of the 7 serpent guns got a little easier. The Boa is still unreachable for most currently, price wise. Unknown if Colt will eventually roll one of those out. The Diamondback will continue to be a no go since Colt failed to legally protect the name, but they are still easily found and reasonably priced depending on the configuration.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Yes, with the re-introduction of Colt's line of new snakes; ownership of the 6 out of the 7 serpent guns got a little easier. The Boa is still unreachable for most currently, price wise. Unknown if Colt will eventually roll one of those out. The Diamondback will continue to be a no go since Colt failed to legally protect the name, but they are still easily found and reasonably priced depending on the configuration.
    Colt Diamondbacks are easily found and reasonably priced?!?

Where.

Davmor19

Jul 26, 2023
    Allen
    Viper and Boa are the only two snake guns I don't have......almost had an original Viper a few years ago, but talked the owner out of trading with me when I told him of it's real value......He was my Son's boss (Sheriff) and he said I could have screwed him bad, lol.......

New ones come in 3 inch and 4.25 inch.......and a reasonable MSRP of $999.00................

Going to start saving for a 3 inch............

View attachment 467489

I admire your honesty….well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Have the reintroductions affected value of the older guns? Are they just as good, better, worse?

Enigma57

Dec 7, 2020
    Dallas/ Fort Worth Area
    Have the reintroductions affected value of the older guns? Are they just as good, better, worse?
    The new Colts are in reality better guns with better triggers. Mainly due to newer machining technologies. Although, the love for the older Colt guns will always play in regarding personal preferences and to the die-hard collectors.

It's been my observations that the release of the new Python and new Anaconda has only help to stabilized prices somewhat but not reduced the values of those two older models, they can still bring a high dollar especially the Royal Blue and Nickel vintage Pythons.

The new Cobra did not devalue the original lightweight (alloy framed) Cobras but did somewhat knock down older Colt Detective Specials since basically it's the same gun, steel fame and all other than the name.

The new King Cobra really didn't affect the price of the older versions since it's on the same frame as the New Cobra which is noticeably smaller than the original King Cobra models. However, with the new Python out it has definitely hurt the value on the older King Cobras quite a bit. Why buy an older King Cobra for what you can buy a new Colt Python for today?

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I saw the Viper at the NRA Convention in Dallas and fell in love with it. Simple design, but very smooth. I talked to the CZ/Colt people and they told me that CZ looked at Colt and said, Hey, you make really nice revolvers. Why don't you do more of that! That's what happens when you replace horrible management with people who have some clue what they're doing.

I saw one for sale online at 120% of the MSRP. Nope. I'll wait until the stock catches up with demand.

Davmor19

Jul 26, 2023
    Allen
    I like the new Anacondas much better than the old ones…much smoother trigger. The new python and king cobra are close to a wash with the old models.

Davmor19

Jul 26, 2023
    Allen
    I like the new Anacondas much better than the old ones…much smoother trigger. The new python and king cobra are close to a wash with the old models.

But I still want an older Python……I will accept donations.

Top Bottom