• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Unapoistla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2024
    Killen
    Date :nov 23-24 temple tx

I haven't been to the Temple Gun Show in a few years. It seems like all the shows these days have the same people selling the exact same overpriced guns since 2020 when COVID-19 started. I'm not looking to get something for free, just good deals.

Would you recommend that going to the Temple Gun Show?

HelotesChaparral

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2024
    San Antonio
    That show is terrible, total waste of time and money.

All Texas gun shows I have been too the last 5 years are just plain awful.

I recommend saving your money and driving to the biggest gun show in the world in Tulsa OK. It's twice a year - November and April. Well worth the trip!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    My recommendation depends on what you're looking for.

I like gun shows and to support the sport. I don't expect great deals but run across some good deals or hard to find items on occasion.

If you're going to complain because they've changed and you can't find half priced firearms then don't go.

If you just appreciate the experience then have at it.

I'd rather spend the time and money at a gun show than sitting in a movie theater or something similar.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    My recommendation depends on what you're looking for.

I like gun shows and to support the sport. I don't expect great deals but run across some good deals or hard to find items on occasion.

If you're going to complain because they've changed and you can't find half priced firearms then don't go.

If you just appreciate the experience then have at it.

I'd rather spend the time and money at a gun show than sitting in a movie theater or something similar.
    Yes. If no one goes, they'll stop having them. That's how it went back home. They just slowly dwindled down. Ours there were to the point of one or two booths of ARs, and AR parts. A couple brand new dealers, with inflated prices. Some crafty, jerky, junk dealers. And 50 old dudes with the same old mil-surps, boxes of old holsters and magazines that nobody remembers what their for. And one or two guys with oddball old ammo.
    When I was young they were standing room only. By the time we left there, if they broke into the triple digits of attendance in a day, they were happy.
    So I try to go when I can, and throw my money in the hat. Your shows here are phenomenal compared to there. I sure hope it stays that way..

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yes. If no one goes, they'll stop having them.

Exactly! San Antonio enjoyed two large (1000+ table) shows with SAXET and Premier, and now both are gone.

I get there are two sides to this coin, vendors have to make money for their time and effort; and customers want a bargain or at least to be happy with what they spent their hard-earned cash on!

Of course there will always be the neckbeards who think they have Dirty Harry's S&W 29 or that 5.56 needs to be a dollar a round. Election time seems to exasperate this. The uninformed may spend money at their tables, but most will move on and let natural selection take its course.

Unfortunately, when those types outnumber the sane; gun shows go the way of the dodo!

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Gun shows generally svck for buyers. I can't figure it.
    Every show I go to I hear the complaining, "I can't sell anything." Gee I wonder why?
    I went to a show this past weekend in Conroe. It was the same lame junk sellers that haunt every show around the Houston area.
    Only difference was they had marked up their prices 30%. Holy Smokes.
    When I saw a plain jane set of 1911 stag grips marked $700 I knew I had to GTFO.
    One more $900 chewed up Ruger BH and I was going to hurl.
    Colt = an old Indian word that translates to prices start at $2000.
    Ammo prices in the shows are always absurd.
    Hell, I can buy cheaper brand new from big box and local shops than the shows. So I do.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    The only gun show I think is worth the entrance fee is San Marcos. I will occasionally go to New Braunfels, but I won't be going to Alzafar (San Antonio) or Belton ever again due to overlap with others/poor value.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The only gun show I think is worth the entrance fee is San Marcos. I will occasionally go to New Braunfels, but I won't be going to Alzafar (San Antonio) or Belton ever again due to overlap with others/poor value.

San Marcos is the best one in the San Antonio/Austin area, but it's too much of a drive and after the three times we've gone, I've lost interest.

Alzafar Shrine is close and there's a decent breakfast place nearby (Corner Bakery Cafe, https://www.cornerbakerycafe.com/menu), which are about the only things going for it.

I also have a bud who sells militaria there, so that's almost a guarantee I will find something to buy!

It's tough to believe we used to go to the SAXET show almost every month and Premier 3-4 times a year!

HelotesChaparral

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2024
    San Antonio
    What is killing Texas gun shows is greedy dealers. Example is they will only pay $250 for a used glock and won't sell it for under $700.

That is why internet sales are so high.

I am selling and buying all my stuff on Gunbroker and doing very well.

Texas gun shows will be a thing of the past and that is fine with me. Let all those POS dealers go back to selling used cars.

Top Bottom