Target Sports

Anybody here read Ayn Rand's book "Atlas shrugged"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Holy cat crap on a bent stick. Thrown at the wall!!!

Mr obama's "you didn't build that" ......is in the damn book.

The part where, Jim Taggart rambles to the girl from the dime store about Hank Rearden's invention of Rearden Steel.

Jim- "He couldn't have invented his Metal but for thousands and thousands of other people. His Metal? Why does he thinks it's his?"

Dime store girl- "But the iron ore and all those other things were there all the time. Why didn't anybody else make that Metal, but Mr Rearden Did?"

This book is SPOOKY.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I thought the movie was poor. Rather like amateur night. What killed it for me was the poor portrayal of the Dagny character. I think the actress totally missed the mark there. And Francisco D'Anconia wasn't a lot better. Rearden was played well, as were his wife and mother. They seemed to capture the look of vapiristic leaching evil that Rand portrays in her book. But given that Dagny is the central character of the story, if you mess that up (and IMO, it was BADLY messed up) then it makes for a poor story on the screen. I'll probably see parts 2 and 3 (if 3 ever gets made) just to see if they improve. As I understand, Part 1 was filmed on an extremely tight timeline. Still, that doesn't excuse the shoddy portrayal of Dagny

I've read the book and think that is a spot on assessment of the part one movie. Dagny needed to be a strong women. An actress like Meryl Streep (if she was better looking) could do the part justice. I also didn't like Franciso or Eddie Willers, who was not black in the book.[h=4][/h]

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston

The part where, Jim Taggart rambles to the girl from the dime store about Hank Rearden's invention of Rearden Steel.

Jim- "He couldn't have invented his Metal but for thousands and thousands of other people. His Metal? Why does he thinks it's his?"

Dime store girl- "But the iron ore and all those other things were there all the time. Why didn't anybody else make that Metal, but Mr Rearden Did?"

This book is SPOOKY.

There are a LOT of things in there. Read the book and you'd think it was rushed to press based on the news of the last 6 months. Then realize it was written in the 50's. Heck, go on YouTube and look up inteviews with Ayn Rand. She pretty much nails where our country is headed.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco

This book is SPOOKY.

You're making me want to read it again. She was a genius.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    There are a LOT of things in there. Read the book and you'd think it was rushed to press based on the news of the last 6 months. Then realize it was written in the 50's. Heck, go on YouTube and look up inteviews with Ayn Rand. She pretty much nails where our country is headed.

I've even noticed a vague, but quite similar, resemblance of the "National Alliance of Railroads" to the United Nations.

This book is deep. I agree with all those that said long winded. Vivid descriptions of the environment for which the characters are in, abound. She writes to where you can almost smell the oil of the trains. The texture of clothing. The feel of the cold rain.

And the sex episodes.....I also agree with those that thought Ayn Rand was probably one HELL of a lover.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Look up some of Milton Friedman's interviews while you're at it.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Look up some of Milton Friedman's interviews while you're at it.

Heck, go look up his appearance on the Phil Donohue (BIG time 'progressive') Show many years ago. And you'll see him being asked a question by a then 19 year old Michael Moore. Of course, Milton gave him the intellectual slapdown that only he or W.F. Buckley could.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Heck, go look up his appearance on the Phil Donohue (BIG time 'progressive') Show many years ago. And you'll see him being asked a question by a then 19 year old Michael Moore. Of course, Milton gave him the intellectual slapdown that only he or W.F. Buckley could.

Milton Friedman Puts A Young Michael Moore In His Place - YouTube

Wow....micheal moore was even a douche when he was young. And a skinny douche at that. Even in the face of common sense, he looks like he wants to start crying when told his way thinking is a bunch of misdirected crap.

He didnt absorb one fly turd's worth of anything Milton told him. It's like he has a hearing problem.....or mental.....

If you had put moore in a room with Ayn Rand...I firmly believe she would have cut his balls off to prevent a continuation of his species.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Milton Friedman Puts A Young Michael Moore In His Place - YouTube

Wow....micheal moore was even a douche when he was young. And a skinny douche at that. Even in the face of common sense, he looks like he wants to start crying when told his way thinking is a bunch of misdirected crap.

He didnt absorb one fly turd's worth of anything Milton told him. It's like he has a hearing problem.....or mental.....

If you had put moore in a room with Ayn Rand...I firmly believe she would have cut his balls off to prevent a continuation of his species.

That kid isn't Michael Moore.

Top Bottom