Anybody here a member or shoot frequently at Athen Gun Club?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KTXdm9

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2024
    Katy, TX
    I mentioned in another thread I'm a Boyert refugee. I went to Athena for the first time in a long time. I had a really good experience. Everyone was friendly, especially the guy who did my holster qualification.

My only complaint was traffic suuuuucks on I10.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Haven't been there yet. Been meaning too but I'm a member at the Range USA on Westheimer (the old Boyert location). It's a nice modern range. They completely rebuilt what Boyert had done.

I went to both Boyert locations and didn't care for either. Range USA is O.K. Top Gun is just as close but it's so loud with all the full-auto stuff they rent. Plus it's a bit old and dated. The Range USA is less busy during the week. Their "weekdays only" membership is only $32 a month including tax. Plus some BS "annual range maintenance fee" ($9).

Athena just seems a bit fancy-pants but that may not be fair. There's a Range USA on the Westpark Toll Road that might be easier for you to get too?

KTXdm9

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2024
    Katy, TX
    Range USA doesn't allow shooting from the draw, so it's a no go for me. I did shoot at the one on WPT, it was fine other than that.

Athena does market themselves as upscale, but it's not that much different than Boyert. Range fee is $20, which I think is cheaper than Range USA.

Top Bottom