JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    I've been on a sake kick lately.

Lots of good health benefits in moderation. Fewer calories than other drinks. Gluten free. Has the nice smooth dry taste of liquor but at the strength of wine, with some beer like qualities without the bloating or dehydrating effect.
    Guns International

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I voted I have a craft brew once or twice on a week end, and God forgive sometimes during the week. So, what. My health and weight are prefect. BMI is dead middle of the range. I work out 5+ days a week. My body fat is <12% and damn it I'll have a beer if I want to and no one is going to make me feel guilty about that.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I voted I have a craft brew once or twice on a week end, and God forgive sometimes during the week. So, what. My health and weight are prefect. BMI is dead middle of the range. I work out 5+ days a week. My body fat is <12% and damn it I'll have a beer if I want to and no one is going to make me feel guilty about that.

Why so defensive?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    It sounds like you feel guilty about it.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Why so defensive?

After I re read my post, I can see how you might see it as defensive but that was not my Intent. Simply explaining that I'm ok with my habits even though some may look down their noses at me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    After I re read my post, I can see how you might see it as defensive but that was not my Intent. Simply explaining that I'm ok with my habits even though some may look down their noses at me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That still reads as defensive. Who looks down their nose at you?

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    That still reads as defensive. Who looks down their nose at you?

Some teetotalers I've come across. My sister for one. Wonderful woman but she can't understand why I would "waste money" on expensive craft beers. And I guess if I'm explaining my position, it is a bit defensive. I'll leave it at that.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Teetotaler here. Quit before my first drink. Only alcohol I've touched was by accident (got wrong drink or ordered a virgin drink and gotten full version or found out the drink was spiked at a party). My dad never drank that I knew, nor did my grandpa on his side.

Reasons:

1) Mom and Dad never used it so it wasn't in the house or used socially around me.
    2) Religious reason (Mormon)
    3) Control. Don't like feeling out of control. At parties my peers who got drunk weren't always smart about it and I didn't want to be in that situation.
    4) Great grandpa was an alcoholic and was so bad to my grandfather he told me at a young age I shouldn't drink because alcoholism may run in our family. He wasn't Mormon but didn't drink at all that I knew. Neither did my dad that I know of because of the stories before he became a Mormon.

I know some great people who aren't teetotallers though and have no issue with their decision.

P.S. Very few folks know what a Teetotaler is. I say "No thanks I'm a Teetotaler" and usually am asked what that is.

Last edited:

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Some teetotalers I've come across. My sister for one. Wonderful woman but she can't understand why I would "waste money" on expensive craft beers. And I guess if I'm explaining my position, it is a bit defensive. I'll leave it at that.

You're only problem is you seem to care about what others think just a little more than you realize. Repeat after me, "Meh... effum!!" :D

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I've been on a sake kick lately.

Lots of good health benefits in moderation. Fewer calories than other drinks. Gluten free. Has the nice smooth dry taste of liquor but at the strength of wine, with some beer like qualities without the bloating or dehydrating effect.

I had a new boss blind side me with that stuff in Kommiefornika near our office. Japanese restaurant served it in square wooden cups. He kept insisting that I drink more and more to where I think he was intentionally getting me drunk. I was fine through the meal and even afterwards I was doing okay but buzzed. But when I got back to the room everything started spinning and I spent the night in the bathroom.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

You should explain to her that "beer" helped build the pyramids so you're just gearing up.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Teetotaler here. Quit before my first drink. Only alcohol I've touched was by accident (got wrong drink or ordered a virgin drink and gotten full version or found out the drink was spiked at a party). My dad never drank that I knew, nor did my grandpa on his side.

Reasons:

1) Mom and Dad never used it so it wasn't in the house or used socially around me.
    2) Religious reason (Mormon)
    3) Control. Don't like feeling out of control. At parties my peers who got drunk weren't always smart about it and I didn't want to be in that situation.
    4) Great grandpa was an alcoholic and was so bad to my grandfather he told me at a young age I shouldn't drink because alcoholism may run in our family. He wasn't Mormon but didn't drink at all that I knew. Neither did my dad that I know of because of the stories before he became a Mormon.

I know some great people who aren't teetotallers though and have no issue with their decision.

P.S. Very few folks know what a Teetotaler is. I say "No thanks I'm a Teetotaler" and usually am asked what that is.

Tell us what it is then. Your description.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Tell us what it is then. Your description.

Nothing fancy in my definition. "Someone who doesn't drink Alcohol"

I just don't find the word commonly known.

Conversation usually goes like this:

Them: "Want a beer?"

Me: "No thanks I'm a teetotaler"

Them: "What's that?"

Me: "Someone who doesn't drink Alcohol"

Them: "Oh, Ok."

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It's someone that always carries around their own jug of tea, right?
    93985066c40f909c7744276a12dade62.jpg

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Well, I hope you don't think anyone here, especially me, is judging you. My decision to not to drink is for me. My wife still like the glass of wine or a beer at the hickey game. Doesn't matter to me. ;)

Top Bottom