APOD Firearms

Any ranges around Tarrant county that rent private RIFLE lanes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vanguard70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Keller, Texas
    Hey all, just moved to the area and was wondering if any ranges, in the Denton/Tarrant area, rent private lanes. I used to shoot at a range that would rent a private 100 yard or so lane where I and a few buddies could shoot without being bothered by line stops. We called our own. It was $80.00 for the day and we would take EZ-ups, coolers, tables, chairs, etc and shoot all day without being bothered. Is there any place like that around North Fort Worth? I'd even be willing to drive an hour to find a place like that.

Thanks in advance.
    Military Camp

vanguard70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Keller, Texas
    ....or how about public BLM (Bureau of Land Management) land that I can shoot on? Any of that around here? I hate shooting on a line from a bench.

vanguard70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Keller, Texas
    Seriously, no BLM land and all the shooting ranges are on the line only? I thought I'd be shooting MORE in Texas, not less.

How about any ranchers or land owners that rent out space for shooting? Anything? Come on guys, throw me a bone here.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Where did You move from that had blm land? I shot on blm land in New Mexico, and it was nice to be able to dump a mag on rapid fire if I wanted. At the range I shoot at, there is a rule that You can only fire every 2 seconds. I have a friend that has a ranch about 45 minutes from here, I like to go out there and shoot. We end up shooting armadillos and raccoons usually. Last time we shot a bunch of hogs.

vanguard70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Keller, Texas
    Where did You move from that had blm land? I shot on blm land in New Mexico, and it was nice to be able to dump a mag on rapid fire if I wanted. At the range I shoot at, there is a rule that You can only fire every 2 seconds. I have a friend that has a ranch about 45 minutes from here, I like to go out there and shoot. We end up shooting armadillos and raccoons usually. Last time we shot a bunch of hogs.

I moved from California. Plenty of BLM land out in the desert to shoot on, about an hour drive. The range I went to there (Burrow Canyon) also rented private ranges where my buddies and I could do pretty much what we wanted, rapid fire included. I am very surprised at not being able to find any such ranges in Texas. Also, most ranges here that I've seen won't let you shoot steel core or FMJ ammo.....wow.

vanguard70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Keller, Texas
    Sorry to dig this back up but I have yet to find a decent range that has private 100 yard lane rentals or even one that allows steel core and FMJ ammo. I thought Texas would be a shooters paradise before I moved here. Now that I'm here, not so much. Don't get me wrong, I love this state more than any previous place I've lived. This is free America. I just can't believe there are so many restrictions at ranges and so few ranges (actually none that I can find) that here that fit my criteria.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    First off, stop raggin' on Texas or I'm going to tell you to go back to California. Don't be antagonistic. Use your google-fu instead. You would have found this site: Texas Gun Ranges - Gun Ranges in Austin, Houston, Dallas, Ft. Worth, San Antonio, and More!

From there you could look in the DFW area. Now, go have fun reviewing ranges.

Personally I lean to liking the sportsman's clubs and private ranges. I'd rather pay to be a member to use facilities on my own time without dealing with the bustle of the general public. The past few years back here however I have used the local public ranges like Elm Fork and ShootSmart. While they are accessible and generally affordable, we are outgrowing the facilities they have available...ie, need rifle ranges!

Anyway, good luck finding the place you need. I'm currently reevaluating my options too.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    First off, stop raggin' on Texas or I'm going to tell you to go back to California. Don't be antagonistic. Use your google-fu instead. You would have found this site: Texas Gun Ranges - Gun Ranges in Austin, Houston, Dallas, Ft. Worth, San Antonio, and More!

From there you could look in the DFW area. Now, go have fun reviewing ranges.

Personally I lean to liking the sportsman's clubs and private ranges. I'd rather pay to be a member to use facilities on my own time without dealing with the bustle of the general public. The past few years back here however I have used the local public ranges like Elm Fork and ShootSmart. While they are accessible and generally affordable, we are outgrowing the facilities they have available...ie, need rifle ranges!

Anyway, good luck finding the place you need. I'm currently reevaluating my options too.

How about we not antagonize people just neeing help, and not in threads where he has already been helped.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    How about we not antagonize people just neeing help, and not in threads where he has already been helped.

Criticizing the ones he wants help from is backhanded and I won't condone it. You may, and that is your method and that's just fine.

The other options I gave him ought to be of help to him as well.

Top Bottom