Any place with ar15 lowers in stock that are priced well?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netstorm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Texas
    I'm looking to spend $40 to $50 each. I know I can order them online for $40 or so, but I'm guessing i'd have to pay like $25 transfer each. Any suggestions locally?
    ARJ Defense ad

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Try Gun Shack in Helotes. Not sure if they're that cheap but they're a good place and have reasonable deals.

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    That's riflegear.com, right?

I did business with them while I was in Los Angeles. Great people although I don't know what their prices for lowers are like these days.

Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    Have not done it here, but in AZ my FFLs would charge me 1 transfer fee for everything I did that day. So when I ordered 3 stripped lowers he charged me 1 transfer fee and ran all 3 on the same 4473. If you ask maybe they would do that here?

netstorm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Texas
    Tennessee Arms Company has a 5-pack of hybrid (poly) receivers for $178. Even with FFL, they would be reasonable. Or maybe a group buy. July Sale-5 Five Receiver Bundle For 177.60 includes Shipping - Tennessee Arms Company, LLC

That's a pretty good deal, do you know if they shoot as straight as an aluminum lower? I know I was reading about the regular poly from ati I think, and they were getting like 5 moa with them with match ammo. I know hybrids are supposed to be better.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Have not done it here, but in AZ my FFLs would charge me 1 transfer fee for everything I did that day. So when I ordered 3 stripped lowers he charged me 1 transfer fee and ran all 3 on the same 4473. If you ask maybe they would do that here?

Seems like most the local places are in the $75+ range each. Best deal I can find is *BLEM* Anderson Mfg AM15 Stripped Lower Receiver *BLEM* [*BLEM*Anderson Mfg AM15*BLEM*] - $39.00 : Fat Boy Tactical, Home of AR 15 Parts up in OK for $39 each. It's tempting to just drive up and buy a bunch that way. Probably cheaper than sending em down here, and paying transfer fees.

Depends on the FFL.

Hill Country Black Rifle on Thousand Oaks will transfer multiples for $25.00.

Copes Distributing has Andersons for $50 right now, plus free shipping.

Anderson Mfg AM-15 Stripped Lower Receivers, Cope's Distributing

netstorm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Texas
    Depends on the FFL.

Hill Country Black Rifle on Thousand Oaks will transfer multiples for $25.00.

Copes Distributing has Andersons for $50 right now, plus free shipping.

Anderson Mfg AM-15 Stripped Lower Receivers, Cope's Distributing

That's exactly the type of place I want. Maybe they can also thread my vepr so I can add a brake on it.

Thanks for this info.

I also went over to gunshack in helotes, and the 2 guys there were great. The prices were good, and picked up a few lowers. I may go through them for suppressors, so thanks for letting me know about them also guys.

Texas48

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    San Antonio
    Gun Shack has decent prices and have lowers in stock. Got a complete spikes lower for 299.00 on Saturday. Joe bobs had the lowest price on line 249.00 but with shipping and transfer fees about the same price delivered. My first encounter with Gun Shack and was impressed with service prices and selection.

Last edited:

netstorm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Texas
    Gun Shack has decent prices and have lowers in stock. Got a complete spikes lower for 299.00 on Saturday. Joe bobs had the lowest price on line 249.00 but with shipping and transfer fees about the same price delivered. My first encounter with Gun Shack and was impressed with service prices and selection.

Yeah I actually went there a few days before you did. I picked up a couple lowers for about $108 each. That was about retail for spikes lowers. I may get a few andersons blemished at $39, or maybe some try some of the hybrid polymer lowers at Tennessee arms which are $37 each when you buy 5. It looks like Hill Country Black Rifle will do multiple transfers for the flat rate of $25 which makes it extremely worth while to order either one of these lowers I posted.

Links to all the research above. Special thanks to Spyker, Southpaw, and Mak91 for info above, and everyone else for their input, and help. Hopefully this helps others as much as it did me.

Anderson Blems $39
    Tennessee Arms Hybrids $37 each if you buy 5
    Hill Country Black Rifle $25 transfer flat fee

Top Bottom