APOD Firearms

Any Parker County Sportsman Club members?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Hey gents,
    contemplating checking the place out and maybe signing up. Just looking for any insight, info and opinions on the place from other members. I know I read that there's a few fellas out my way that go there from TGT.
    Any input from y'all would be greatly appreciated, thank ya much!
    ENJOY A SAFE AND HAPPY 4TH!!!
    Lynx Defense

wtxj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    DFW
    It's a fine rifle/pistol/shotgun range. 25/50/100/250 yard ranges plus pistol and shotgun, trap and skeet. even a bathroom that's always open.
    Been a member for last 5 years. Locked gate, you become a member you get a key. Drive in, sign in then go to the range you want to use. Shoot and go home. Good place.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    That sounds pretty awsome.
    Are you able to set up your own targets how you like, for say shoot and move drills or multiple targets? With due respect to fellow shooters you may be sharing the range with of course.
    Appreciate it!

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    That sounds pretty awsome.
    Are you able to set up your own targets how you like, for say shoot and move drills or multiple targets? With due respect to fellow shooters you may be sharing the range with of course.
    Appreciate it!

Well worth the cost. Been a member for 3 (maybe 4) years. As far as shoot and move, I do. There are two pistol ranges that as long as there's no one behind you and everyone agrees, you can walk forward towards target from bench area. Typically to shoot and move this means you are the only one at that particular range (which happens often). Multiple targets? As long as the berm is immediately opposite the target in bullet trajectory, yes. There's one range that has large wooden support posts I practice moving between and shooting from behind. As long as you are safe, you have much more freedom than a typical range.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    I went through the orientation a few years ago. At the time I wasn't a Parker County resident. Ended up deciding it wasn't worth the drive.

Now that I am a Parker a county resident and it's about 40 miles closer to home, I need to join up.

Top Bottom