ARJ Defense ad

Any Other Vets Getting Ass Kisses From The VA?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Two calls in two days. Both from the Dallas area branch of the VA.

Very respectful and personable representatives making the calls.

They actually come across as very thankful for my service, and state it several times, and seem genuinely concerned about my access to and opinion of their healthcare services.

In my case they are interested in knowing why I am enrolled with them but have never used their services. They also want to let me know that their services are only a single phone call away if I ever need them and even free transportation from wherever I am to and from their facilities are available if needed.

I have a Dr. I really like and have been using for several years using private insurance and I explain that to them. I am however interested in their ability to get me cheaper prescription refills as currently I am spending way too much monthly for them but that is another thread material in and of itself.

Anyway,

While I appreciate their concern I find it odd that after almost 20 years of zero contact from the VA, outside of weekly mass emailed newsletters, that they are reaching out to me now.

The timing. The nice, personable representative. The gushing appreciation for my service and seemingly genuine concern and motivation to help me in any way they can....

It's all very suspicious. That's not the VA that I know. That's not the SOP for any veterans related government service provider I have ever encountered.

I smell VA executive undergarments being soiled.

I smell panic and a public opinion alteration campaign.

I smell a contracted, professional and highly paid (tax dollars) private PR firm.

The Wager - $10.00 and an ice cold Shiner says those friendly, welcoming, appreciative and concerned voices on the phone are not attached to a person on any government payroll, but instead to employees of said contracted, professional and highly paid (tax dollars) private PR firm.
    Gun Zone Deals

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Interesting, nothing new in the way of a phone call and got put on hold and transferred quite a bit when I called back in January to make an appointment (which wasn't scheduled until this month). I go in next Friday for labs and to talk to the OIF/OEF social worker about some GI Bill issues, then the following Friday to discuss said labs and annual check up. I'll let you know if they seem "nicer than usual" or whatever.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    More likely a call center in India...

Have noticed a much quicker response in pharmacy turn around time since all the SHTF, though.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    It is not the VA making the calls, but a contractor doing a survey for the VA.

The questions were so vague, that I asked them to clarify their questions.

They did not even know in which State I resided, or even the VA center I was assigned to.

When I told them I don't use the VA system they went apoplectic. "You are a veteran, why would you not use the VA?"

Dumschnitts had no idea the VA "means tests" veterans, that many veterans have other health insurance plans, and the last place for a healthy veteran to get health care is at a VA center/clinic unless they are destitute.

I wonder how much money the VA spent to commission another worthless survey.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Probably recording the calls to have proof of the overwhelmingly positive opinions our vets have of their VA hospitals. Pretty sneaky and underhanded... IF that's what they're doing. Either way it's a political bandaid.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I haven't received one of those calls as of yet. I do use the VA for some things. I have a 70% disability which entitles me to use them without the means test. That said, I prefer my regular doctors. If I go to the VA in Dallas, it is pretty much a whole day off from work. Test results from blood work are at the doctor's office 45 minutes after taken. The problem is the distance from work or home to the VA. Some of my meds are not on the VA plans and I can't get them there. What is a standard med in the real world may not be allowed in VA land.

I like my VA primary doc okay but me regular doc is only 5 minutes from my house. Same with my cardio guy, pulmanary guy, renal gal, etc. Fortunately I have pretty fair health insurance and can use that.

Top Bottom