• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red1027

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    RGV
    As the title says, are there any handloaders from the RGV in the site? I am currently trying to get into re-loading. I have purchased the ABCs of reloading and the Lyman's 49th so I am good to go there. I just want to know if there is anyone local that I can watch and learn from hands on training.

Thanks in advance
    Roger

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    Cant help you as I am up in the dfw

but cheek out ultimatereloader.com

Excellent site with great videos

piledriver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Katy
    If you have a question don't be afraid to ask. One of the most important things to do is read the book which you already have done. Some people skip the reading and just go for it. Not good! Pistol rounds are the easy ones to start with. Don't go cheap like with pistol dies. Carbide dies are way better.

I wish I could help you out. A bench rest shooter showed me how to reload almost 25 years ago. Heck I can still remember the details of that first reload.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I taught myself using the manuals before I was big into the forums. Take your time and heed the warnings and you will be alright. And remember, we are here to help.

red1027

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    RGV
    Thanks for the support guys. I just wanted to see if there was any one in here that was willing to let me learn from him or her. I haven't even bought my press but I want to try to get a good knowledge base before I jump in and spent the money. I am leaning towards the Lyman T-Mag II but all and any suggestions are welcomed.

red1027

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    RGV
    I been to their booth a couple of times at the gun shows but have never gone to their store. I have had some bad experiences with several guns store here in the valley so I tend to stay away and usually buy my stuff online.

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    10-4. I totally agree with you! My usual go too's are Lonestar Guns in Harlingen, Johnny's True Value in Harlingen, and Suppressed Tactical in McAllen. I am friends with the owners and workers of Suppressed tactical, so if you ever go there ask for Mark Young or Zach and say Trevor Wray sent ya. They have really good prices on guns and suppressors since they are a Class 3 Dealer.

So far I have bought a keltec PF9 from them for $255 and will be picking up a Sig 1911 Scorpion I ordered on Friday.

Please tell me you hate RDS as much as I do (bunch of retards)

red1027

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    RGV
    Yeah RDS is one on my do not go list, as well as the Armory. I bought an AK from Glick Twins a while back but the past couple of times that I have gone in there I have been given the "ugh hurry up and buy look". I work as a Loss Prevention manager for HEB and customer service is priority. I been wanting to go for the longest time since I saw them at the gun shows but haven't been able to head that way. When I do I will make sure I talk to Mark or Zach.

stxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    Harlingen
    I'm in the same boat you guys are, thinking about reloading just not sure how to jump in. Suppressed tactical is the way to go, both Mark and Zach are great to work with and very knowledgable about what they sell. I bought my 7.62 suppressor from them and couldn't be happier with the whole process.

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I will probably start doing handgun ammo first. Just need to save up for all the stuff. I think I am going to go with a dillon progressive press

stxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    Harlingen
    I was looking at the a progressive press, specifically the dillon. I figure if I do it I don't want to buy a single stage first and have the desire and extra expense for a progressive press later on, spending even more $$

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    T-Fast, a progressive is the only way to load pistol ammunition if you shoot anything other than a single cylinder of a six gun when you head to the range. You can't go wrong with a Dillon, the 550 being the easiest entry for later upgrades, but the LNL has many positive reviews from people that have used it. I've got a bunch of presses and I still have a single stage, so they are useful, but not for loading volume pistol data. A press is like any tool, buy the best you can afford and you won't be sorry, it really is an investment for a lifetime or at least a substan

red1027

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    RGV
    I bought a Lyman T-mag II press. I like the fact that it can be fast but also works as a single stage if I need it to. I picked it up at bass pro shop in harlingen.

Top Bottom