• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul Donoso

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2014
    Hello all, l live in Austin but I'm traveling to China Springs to my brothers and was wondering if there was any good public gun ranges in the area within reasonable distance i would like to find an outdoor range with tactical bays so we can fire rifles, shotguns, and pistols. Thanks in advance.
    Capitol Armory ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If you don't mind a little drive, Hicksville in Gatesville is a good range.

Nothing wrong with chandlers, but Hicksville is a very cool range.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Hicksville had everything you are looking for. Tactical bay, steel and paper for pistol, shotgun for paper and clays, and rifles up to 600 yards.

Paul Donoso

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2014
    Thanks guys I've checked out both Chandlers, and Hicksville and it looks as if Hicksville might be what I'm looking for.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Burnt Jeep

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2014
    Woodway,TX
    I'd throw in another vouch for Hicksville. It's further from you but worth the drive. I have not been to Chandlers after the renovations and reopen but it is closer to china springs.

Paul Donoso

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2014
    I spoke with my brother this afternoon and he's said Chandlers was a nice range and it looks like rain is in the forecast this weekend so it might be better if we stay closer to his house. Anyone know prices?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Hicksville is $10 to shoot paper, another $5 if you want to shoot steel on the pistol range or long range. Not sure if the tactical bay is steel or paper. That is for all day, not hourly.

Two of us are meeting there tomorrow afternoon if you will be up there already.

Paul Donoso

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2014
    Hicksville is $10 to shoot paper, another $5 if you want to shoot steel on the pistol range or long range. Not sure if the tactical bay is steel or paper. That is for all day, not hourly.

Two of us are meeting there tomorrow afternoon if you will be up there already.

That's not bad at all. Now that puts Hicksville back in the mix. But unfortunately I wouldn't be there till Sat. morning.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Hicksville is an hour drive for me and not the closest by far. But it is worth the drive in my opinion.

The range is very laid back. During the week there isn't a RO really but the office is in plain view of the shooting line. They don't bug you though. I have only been there on the weekends with TGT meets so I don't know how it is on normal weekends. I would assume if it is busier then the ROs make the rounds more.

The owners are good people and I happily hand them my money.

Easily the best public range I have been to.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Hicksville's $10 (or $15) is unlimited guns too. One downside, when the brass hits the ground, it's theirs.

Top Bottom