• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Well, if you can find .3809 cheaper than by all means buy it; but I don't recall seeing it any cheaper than that at the show or anywhere else, so it is a bit unfair to single out one ammo dealer at the show when there are others who are charging considerably more for their ammo.

Academy may have it at a lower price, but good luck ever finding it on the shelves. I have even asked as I am interested in the Taurus PT738, and the guys behind the counter admit that it is very rarely in stock and when it is, it doesn't last long.

Academy has it allthe time for normal prices, they sellout often, but they have it. Walmart even gets it in every once in a while. At the gunshow .380 is still up a little but not 80 cents a round. Now they sell the WWB 100 round box for $99.00. That to me is a little extreme. Too each thier own, but the way the old disclaimer was worded and the prices are enough to make me feel they are not honest businessman. Any idea how long the company has been around? I wouldn't be surprised to hear they started out some time after November 2008.

Edit: Thier website says "We have been in the business of buying and selling for over 10 years, providing customers with premium products." but how long in the ammo business is my question.
    Guns International

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I have never fired the Monarch brand. When I took my CHL class a few weeks back two guys used it. They both experienced what the teacher called a "hard primer." Dont know if thats a real term or not, but the round never fired after the trigger was pulled.

Happens to me once in a while using PMC ammo but I haven't had that happen using my Winchester ammo. Whenever it happens I drop my mag, eject the round and then pop the round back into the mag and try firing it again. Always works the second time. :)

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Academy has it allthe time for normal prices, they sellout often, but they have it. Walmart even gets it in every once in a while. At the gunshow .380 is still up a little but not 80 cents a round. Now they sell the WWB 100 round box for $99.00. That to me is a little extreme. Too each thier own, but the way the old disclaimer was worded and the prices are enough to make me feel they are not honest businessman. Any idea how long the company has been around? I wouldn't be surprised to hear they started out some time after November 2008.

I have seen a few boxes of .380 at Academy, but the prices were still way too high considering it is just a short 9mm cartridge.

I stored up on 100 round boxes of WWB .45 when it was under $30 a box at Walmart. This before ammo prices went nuts (but now my wife realizes why I kept buying the stuff). I still have a decent amount left but I haven't seen a box at Walmart of it in ages.

But I see numerous vendors at the gun shows selling overprices ammo, and when you need a spam can of 7.62x54R it ain't the easiest thing to find.

Plus, I'd rather pay a little more and get it locally then buy it online and wait for UPS to lose it. I only default to online sources when the price difference is significant...I do try to stimulate the local economy when I can!

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom