• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I've had couple of lights for many, many years... Then in mid 2009, I bought one $50 Inova - to try it to be a carry flashlight... Then, in the Spring of this year, I did some research for a rifle light - and I discovered Candle Power Forum.... Now I have like 22 or 23 lights....

Here is a pic from a couple of months ago:

alllights72910.jpg

And here are some closeups of my Eagletac and Solarforce collection :)

solarforcefamily61.jpg

eagletac6.jpg

Any other flashlight nuts?
    ARJ Defense ad

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Wow, nice collection. Which is your favorite carry light right now?

Thanks!

The one I carry everyday is the Eagletac P20C2 Mk II - It's got 300 actual out the front lumens for 1.7 hours, and 60 lumens for 13 hours on med. It has other settings (sos, strobe, moonlight, etc), but they stay hidden. You don't have to do all sorts of clicks and such to make this light work. It's easy to use, and you only get into the extra features if ya want to. Otherwise, you can just use it as a 300 and 60 lumen light just by turning the head 1 way or another.

I previously carried an Inova, and this light is smaller - so, for me, it's small enough for everyday carry. It's really amazing how much light this little light can put out. $68 too - so not that high priced...

Here is what I typically carry everyday concealed (I wear cargo pants)

edc2f.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    "That's what makes S.F. so badass, we got the best flashlights!"

I too share this this addition, and have several of those Brinkmans (#14) as they are inexpensive but sturdy and bright. I also have Mag Lites of various sizes and batteries, plus bunches of other ones to include a nice iTp SC1 Eluma I picked up at a gun show that has a max output of 190 lumens! It's small (3.5" x 1"), steel, lightweight (54g without a battery), has an adjustable beam as well as a strobe function, and is rugged as hell! I use mine all the time, and have yet to kill the original CR123 battery in it.

21nNz6PnDsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Amazon has 'em for $39.95!

Cheers! M2

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I have looked at some of itp's lights - I like 2 cell 123 lights, otherwise I'd look at some of the small Fenix, 4 Sevens and other similar lights.

As for the brinkmans - for some reason, some guy was looking for older model Brinkmans. I just sold $14 and #16 yesterday. I never use them anyway.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    I have looked at some of itp's lights - I like 2 cell 123 lights, otherwise I'd look at some of the small Fenix, 4 Sevens and other similar lights.

As for the brinkmans - for some reason, some guy was looking for older model Brinkmans. I just sold $14 and #16 yesterday. I never use them anyway.
    ive got the 16. that thing eats batteries pretty quickly. whats nice is my P60L from my G2L fits in it perfectly.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Yes, #16 is a xenon bulb - It lasts about an hours - but starts dimming somewhat quickly as the battery runs down - but that was ysterday's tech.

That light is actually pretty good - a cheaper alternative to the Scorpion light.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Funny - I just discovered the Stream light flash light and was all gaga over the 140lumen power. It's fun to go out on the green belt at night and light up the other end. I liked it so much I grabbed a second one and have 2 packages of spare batteries. I might have to look in to some extra power though - 300 lumen would be useful for signalling the planes flying over Oklahoma.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Yes, #16 is a xenon bulb - It lasts about an hours - but starts dimming somewhat quickly as the battery runs down - but that was ysterday's tech.

That light is actually pretty good - a cheaper alternative to the Scorpion light.
    ya. its def. a cheap alternative. Its a pretty rugged light. With a P60 dropin you could have a decent light for pretty cheap.

Sid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Austin
    Have a Surefire 6PD LED for myself and the lady. Recently upgraded a Maglite D-cell (x 5) flashlight with a Malkoff drop in for some serious lumens on the cheap battery end.

With the CR123 batteries being so expensive and harder to come by, my next flashlight will use AA's, likely the Surefire E2L AA or a Novatac Classic AA

vietboy1st

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Boston,Mass
    i own surefire helmet light white and blue. surefire m961 and looking to purchase another helmet light for my cover and mount it on there. and i would love to try out the hand held surefire light for 3000 - 5000 lumen as strong as hell firefighter which mounted on the 50cal or mini gun on the blackhawk.. i need to do research on the light... i saw it in the catalog they sent me..

Top Bottom