• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    My dad and his brother quit 40 years ago at the same time. Dad quit coffee also since it made him want a smoke. I think quitting made him a much meaner crazier person for the next 50 years of his life, especially when his brother had no problem quitting and would rub it in.

I've worked with smokers and we always took a break every couple hours so they could get a quick few puffs. The alternative, not letting them smoke, would have resulted in big trouble ! A powerful addiction.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    are u doing it cold turkey? i quit 2 years ago. i went with that pill for 30 days.

i quit hella times… never took until this last time
    Cold turkey. Just bumped my fat ass in my recliner with ash tray next to it. It might get me to hack up a tar ball. I guess if one day at a time works for drunkards it will work for smoking.

Seeing as I sold a few things recently perhaps I should lay out $9.00 this morning for the pack I don’t buy.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    People don't realize how bad they smell when smoking. Clothes get the stink, hair, cars, houses.
    After you quit you can walk by someone and smell them. THEY STINK like a dirty ashtray.
    Damned Skippy.

I never smoked, but became a lot more sensitive to it when smoking in public places became illegal.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    If you have not decided that you want to be a non-smoker then I will bet against you. Before a person can quit smoking they have to decide that they don't want to smoke ever again.

Most people say that they are trying to quit. I don't know of anyone being successful in quitting by trying to quit. By saying that they are trying to quit they are giving themselves an out because they are only trying.

A lot of smokers say that it is hard to quit. I quit smoking about 11 or 12 years ago. And it was the easiest hard thing that I have ever done.

I hope that you are successful. I love it when a person quits!

Just remember that sometime in the first few months you will have the thought that you could smoke just one. Don't do it!

postal

Old gun guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2022
    St Paul/San Antonio
    I quit a 2-1/2 pack a day Camel habit 33 years ago with much help from the higher end of the Scoville scale. It works. It really does.

Feel that need for a smoke?
    Nervous or anxious and need a cig??
    Having bad nicotine fits???

Fire something hotter than hell into the mouth, chew and swallow. Ohhhhhh, jeez! That hurts!! Right?

But inly for a few seconds. Then.......your
    body immediately produces endorphins to kill the pain and "put out the fire".
    Endorphins also do a fabulous job on erasing the body's need for nicotine. The need you feel, that hollow spot in your gut goes away almost instantly.

I kept a bag if chips and Pace hit salsa in the fridge at work, a small bottle of Tabasco in my pocket.

Yeah, it sounds hokey (my doctor thought so too, until he tried it and was able to quit his habit!) but it does work.

Wont cost ya much to try it either.

Best of luck. You can do it!!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I quit a 2-1/2 pack a day Camel habit 33 years ago with much help from the higher end of the Scoville scale. It works. It really does.

Feel that need for a smoke?
    Nervous or anxious and need a cig??
    Having bad nicotine fits???

Fire something hotter than hell into the mouth, chew and swallow.
    Result?
    Body immediately produces endorphins to kill the pain and "put out the fire".
    Endorphins also do a fabulous job on erasing the body's need for nicotine. The beed you feel goes away almost instantly.

I kept a bag if chips and Pace hit salsa in the fridge at work, a small bottle of Tabasco in my pocket.

Yeah, it sounds hokey (my doctor thought so too, until he tried it and was able to quit his habit!) but it does work.

Wont cost ya much to try it either.

Best of luck. You can do it!!
    Problem with that my guys can’t handle spicy very well any longer. Even small amounts like Tabasco on a hard boiled egg comes back to haunt me.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    @baboon
    This is one of my favorite quotes from the English Biologist Huxley.
    I often think of this when I need to do something and don't want to.
    Take of it what you want, but it all comes down to discipline.
    Motivation will always fail you.
    Discipline is what separates successful people from unsuccessful people.

Decide NOT to smoke. End of story

Screenshot_20220307-184928_Chrome.jpg

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    My dad quit smoking in 1967. He just put them down and never picked them up again. But, when he had a craving for a smoke, he would pop a lemon drop in his mouth and lost the craving for a smoke. He always kept a bowl of lemon drops with in arms reach.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    I used bupropion/zyban. It helped alot. I smoked for 10 years and quit in 2006. I started again in 2017 after the egg donor told me she wanted a divorce. I quit a yr ago. Honestly I don't know if I could have stopped again on my own

Strat942

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2021
    Grapevine
    Smoked my last one around 7:30 this morning. Just starting to look for one.
    It helps if you quit with someone you care about. My wife and I quit together when we got engaged 47 years ago. We did it. You can too. It is tough and it gets tougher for a while before you get past the urges. Cigarettes were 50 cents a pack back then.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GiantLoomis
    Top Bottom