• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Drove up to Cabela's today to purchase above named rifle. It is not your run of the mill plinker, and I was prepared to to spend $1,700 for the rifle, scope, and mounts.

Arrived at about 09:45 a.m. and walked straight to the gun bar. Waited a few minutes and when my turn came around, I told the salesman behind the counter I would buy the rifle .... if he had ammo to feed it.

Salesman said "no problem," we have a stack of .22 LR on the ammo aisle (Norma Tac-22).

Before he could get to the shelf, it was picked clean by a hoard of locusts. People were grabbing as many boxes as they could hold, then divvied them up with their fellow co-conspirators. The ammo was priced at $5.99 per 50 rounds.

Price was no object for those buyers, and I don't blame them, since there has been so little in stores for months on end.

Had Cabela's set aside some ammunition for a gun sale, I would have bought the rifle, scope, mounts, and rings.

Must be good Karma: Saved me $1,700.

Oh by the way, here's a warning from the rifle's manual:

"Combat and defense shooting and
    competitions in which the shooter moves
    while shooting, must not be shot with
    ANSCHÜTZ rifles and pistols. It is
    especially not allowed to aim and shoot at
    people. The rifle, pistol or the stock must
    not be used to beat somebody".

Target Sports

Last edited:

Lame Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Texas Gulf Coast
    If that rifle is new, the rifle alone is worth more than $1700.00. Champions Choice 2013 catalog lists the rifle at $1802.00. Maybe, just this once, you could put the principle of the thing aside. If I had the money, I would buy it in a heartbeat. When it comes to quality firearms I have no shame. BUY IT!

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    If that rifle is new, the rifle alone is worth more than $1700.00. Champions Choice 2013 catalog lists the rifle at $1802.00. Maybe, just this once, you could put the principle of the thing aside. If I had the money, I would buy it in a heartbeat. When it comes to quality firearms I have no shame. BUY IT!

Your comment is noted and appreciated.

Lame Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Dang-it. You got my curosity up. Went back to the 2013 catalog & looked up Anschutz biatholon rifle, mod 1827. Just over $3ooo.oo. I guess thats low for 2014. Add another grand for scope, and rings. I'm dreamin on. I forgot about proper ammo, how much is that, min $ 20.00 for 50? I gotta get off here before I get in trouble with the household monitor of credit cards. ps sorry misread, the 1416D HB was a grand. Still a dream for me.

Lame Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Right you are matefrio. I have the 452 Trainer & 452 Varmint. With the 455 you can also go with the Lilja custom barrel and drop her right in yourself. CZs are notorious for accuracy. Congrats good choice.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Thanks to Lame Bear, I revisited the Anschutz. Price dropped $100, so I went for it.

Seller did not have scope mounts for the rifle, so I ordered them from Midway USA today.

This model comes with a two stage match trigger and heavy barrel. The trigger is adjustable, but I could not notice any difference in adjustments. Sneeze, and it breaks like glass.

I will fit it with the Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9 x 40 BDC scope.

Have a small stash of Wolf Match Target and Eley Club I held back for rainy days.

Range report and pics when all is put together.

Lame Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Happy for you shortround. AS you can tell I've been lusting for a 1710D HB, ideally a 1913A Benchrest Walnut Stock w/ 690 mm barrel. If I sold all my guns I might just swing it. For now I will be highly interested in your 50 yd. 5 shot groups after you get a few hundred rounds down range. Please keep us posted as the work progresses. Good luck.

Top Bottom