• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    This one took years to be completed. Started with a Remington 700 Tactical, added the Surefire muzzle break, swapped a few scopes, got the excellent and under rated McRees folding chassis, with some accessories and cheek pad/pouch. The final thing was paining the barrel with Brownells Aluma Hyde II that I have been impressed with.

Any recent rifle builds you have completed 100%?

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    IMG_3870.jpeg

PGB777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2023
    Cedar Hill
    This one took years to be completed. Started with a Remington 700 Tactical, added the Surefire muzzle break, swapped a few scopes, got the excellent and under rated McRees folding chassis, with some accessories and cheek pad/pouch. The final thing was paining the barrel with Brownells Aluma Hyde II that I have been impressed with.

Any recent rifle builds you have completed 100%?

Wow, nice rifle

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Nice rifle! The McRee's chassis are nice, but too heavy for my taste. I've been putting together custom and semi-custom rifle's for many years. Here are a few of mine-

25 Creedmoor - ARC Archimedes action, X-Caliber barrel, Woox chassis, Trigger Tech trigger, Athlon Cronus scope in ARC M10 rings.

Y8Xm2v6.jpg

223 Remington - ARC Nucleus 2.0 action, Rock Creek barrel, KRG Bravo chassis, Trigger Tech trigger, S&B PM II scope in ARC M10 rings. I painted the chassis with Alcohol Inks to look like a wood stock and sealed it in 3 coats of matte clear.

iHoRWjj.jpg

22 Creedmoor - ARC Nucleus action, X-Caliber barrel, KRG Bravo chassis, Trigger Tech trigger, S&B PM II scope in ARC M10 rings.

MZkFqJE.jpg

6.5 Creedmoor - Shilen DGR action, Shilen barrel, KRG Whiskey 3 chassis, Trigger Tech trigger, IOR Valdada Recon scope in ARC M10 rings. Chassis parts & barreled action were Cerakoted Burnt Bronze.

D4YGd06.jpg

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Nice rifle! The McRee's chassis are nice, but too heavy for my taste. I've been putting together custom and semi-custom rifle's for many years. Here are a few of mine-

25 Creedmoor - ARC Archimedes action, X-Caliber barrel, Woox chassis, Trigger Tech trigger, Athlon Cronus scope in ARC M10 rings.

Y8Xm2v6.jpg

223 Remington - ARC Nucleus 2.0 action, Rock Creek barrel, KRG Bravo chassis, Trigger Tech trigger, S&B PM II scope in ARC M10 rings. I painted the chassis with Alcohol Inks to look like a wood stock and sealed it in 3 coats of matte clear.

iHoRWjj.jpg

22 Creedmoor - ARC Nucleus action, X-Caliber barrel, KRG Bravo chassis, Trigger Tech trigger, S&B PM II scope in ARC M10 rings.

MZkFqJE.jpg

6.5 Creedmoor - Shilen DGR action, Shilen barrel, KRG Whiskey 3 chassis, Trigger Tech trigger, IOR Valdada Recon scope in ARC M10 rings. Chassis parts & barreled action were Cerakoted Burnt Bronze.

D4YGd06.jpg

Very nice rifles.

What are your thoughts on the Woox chassis?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX

Y8Xm2v6.jpg

iHoRWjj.jpg

MZkFqJE.jpg

D4YGd06.jpg

Do you shoot from a tripod? I did a night time hog hunt with thermals last week, and they used tripods. I was amazed at how stable and easy to switch targets it was.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I like the Woox chassis, but I did have an issue with the way the fore end attachment was engineered. The strut that goes into the main chassis allows the fore end to move up and down when shooting the rifle off my tri-pod rest.
    I fixed it by taking it apart and locking it in place with some engine sleeve locking compound. It doesn't move any more.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Do you shoot from a tripod? I did a night time hog hunt with thermals last week, and they used tripods. I was amazed at how stable and easy to switch targets it was.

Yes, I have two different tripod's that I use. I have a Caldwell Max Field pod that has an adjustable cradle that the rifle sets in. It works great, but is a heavy turd at around 13lbs.
    Then I have my high $$$ one that is a Benro Mach 3 tripod with a ZRO Delta head unit on it. It weighs half as much.

ubCsC6s.jpg

819PQpA.jpg

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Yes, I have two different tripod's that I use. I have a Caldwell Max Field pod that has an adjustable cradle that the rifle sets in. It works great, but is a heavy turd at around 13lbs.
    Then I have my high $$$ one that is a Benro Mach 3 tripod with a ZRO Delta head unit on it. It weighs half as much.

ubCsC6s.jpg

819PQpA.jpg

Next year’s budget is for a decent thermal scope in the 640 pixel range. After that, it’s probably going to be a tripod. I was impressed with how quick/easy they are to deploy and the stable platform they provide.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Recently it has been 3 AR's. 6.5prc (22" +2 gas), 7saum (28" +2 gas) & 7-08rem (22" standard). I've also done (a while back, but not 100% finished) are 2 110 actions (264wm 32" McGowen)(300wm 30" C6), probably keeping the 300 on the Woox cobra tiger wood (264 w/MDT).

Top Bottom