Hurley's Gold

Another reason to excuse females from deployments? Great.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I think she needs to be discharged. If a beauty pageant is much more important than being in the military, she should be discharged so she can pursue that.

Reading from the article, she only joined because of the high cost of college tuition. Hmmm....

Then she was diagnosed with multiple mental defects. Hmm.....

IMO, she doesn't have her priorities straight. When you join the military and take an oath, that should be your entire focus, Not trying to compete in beauty pageant.
    most people nowdays join the military for a paycheck because the only wars we fight are for the military industrial complex that tries to sell camaros and college to poor kids only to have them die in buttfuckistan or come back a shell of their former selves because of the shit they saw. while the politicians and CEOs pocket your tax dollars, pretty fucked innit?
    Target Sports

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    She admits that she struggled with depression, anxiety and ADHA before she joined the military so she ommitted possible medical history. One she knew about. It was just formally diagnosed after entering service. What she should get is a medical discharge without benefits.
    Since when is beauty pageant a military MOS?????

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    She admits that she struggled with depression, anxiety and ADHA before she joined the military so she ommitted possible medical history. One she knew about. It was just formally diagnosed after entering service. What she should get is a medical discharge without benefits.
    Since when is beauty pageant a military MOS?????

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    That right there seems to be a huge red flag IMO as well.

How did she get past the medical to get inducted?

Color me skeptical.

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014

Color me skeptical.
    seems as if the Army almost had to let her compete, for her mental well being, and the publicity she will.bring.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Color me skeptical.

I don't think they actually check the Medical Information Bureau, and its easy enough to lie to the doctors at MEPS so long as you're not symptomatic. Just like they ask if you wet the bed - you could piss the sheets nightly, and they won't know till you do it at basic. Then you just claim it was sudden onset due to the trauma and stress of being in basic.

Recruiters have quotas, and are known to coach recruits on how to pass certain exams/tests, what to say. Is it right? No. Is it common? Yes. When I enlisted my recruiter told me how to pass the body tape, since I was not within army standards for my weight to height. The recruiters give zero shits about you once you've signed on the line and they got their numbers for the month. They'll be your best buddy until the ink is on paper.

The doctors at MEPS see hundreds of recruits per month, maybe a thousand or more at a busy station during peak recruiting periods. The doctor who did my exam was also old as ****, didn't give a shit about anything other than hemorrhoids, hernia and scoliosis, and asked the questions he had to ask in a robotic tone that he'd no doubt refined over 20+ years and thousands upon thousands of recruits. Probably an easy gig for an MD, but not high paying. Imagine having to check people's buttholes, backs, and ball sacks day in and day out? I'm not sure what else is checked for the females exam, but the MEPS exam isn't the most intensive of evaluations. They also draw blood to get your blood type, test for diseases, and probably to see if you've got drugs in your system.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    You honestly believe they are letting her continue with the beauty pageants because of publicity?

Seriously?

Rotor, you are entitled to your opinion, but I just don't think military personnel should be engaged in performing in beauty pageants.

I can pretty much assure you she was ordered to participate in the pageant. It is a big recruiting and morale tool, much like the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels.

Trust me, there's plenty of people in uniform sandbagging for a paycheck. At least she is bringing a positive light to the US Army!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Well since Biden is president, and Harris is VP, we do need a more public relations friendly military.

And IMO, if having military members participating in beauty pageants is good for morale, and recruitment, seem like maybe they want to try and recruit the wrong people into the military.

I'm real sure that enemies of our country are real impressed, and will be shaking fearfully in their boots when they meet them on the battlefield.

We need to get them recruitment numbers up people!

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Well since Biden is president, and Harris is VP, we do need a more public relations friendly military.

And IMO, if having military members participating in beauty pageants is good for morale, and recruitment, seem like maybe they want to try and recruit the wrong people into the military.

I'm real sure that enemies of our country are real impressed, and will be shaking fearfully in their boots when they meet them on the battlefield.

We need to get them recruitment numbers up people!
    why join the military now days just to get sent to some backwater country to get shot at so dow chemical or raytheon can make money?

Reactions: MTA

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    THIS: "I do have a huge problem with her entering beauty pageants on the tax payer's dollar."

What happened to all the gung-ho women that 'wanted to get some' ah, combat that is...but were denied as maybe that was the right call what with their being so very delicate and all, (see beauty pag's) plus owning so many questionable b.s. 'poor me'isms like' I'm mentally dis-abled, doncha know?

I call b.s. on this kinda pc nuttiness...it doesn't belong in the military.

Join the military and do military stuff, not fk-ing airy fairy b.s.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    THIS: "I do have a huge problem with her entering beauty pageants on the tax payer's dollar."

What happened to all the gung-ho women that 'wanted to get some' ah, combat that is...but were denied as maybe that was the right call what with their being so very delicate and all, (see beauty pag's) plus owning so many questionable b.s. 'poor me'isms like' I'm mentally dis-abled, doncha know?

I call b.s. on this kinda pc nuttiness...it doesn't belong in the military.

Join the military and do military stuff, not fk-ing airy fairy b.s.
    I was always of the belief that there were standards that had to be met to be able to join the military. (Reasons for myself being disqualified for military service. Long story.)

But at some point, the military got "soft" and started relaxing those standards to allow more people to join, including women. IMO, that sets a really bad standard for military service.

I understand that this was most likely done because with no draft, and relying strictly off recruitment, those enlisting was probably very low and they had to do something to entice people to join.

I had an uncle that spent over twenty years in the Navy, and his philosophy was, you should never lower the standards for service in the military. His thoughts were you wanted people that could meet the standards for service and that could be trained to do a job. He said it costs lots of money to feed, clothe and train soldiers. It's a huge investment.

Top Bottom