Gun Zone Deals

Another Newbie Question: Are Wolf Primers OK?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kantor99

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    United States
    I can get 1,000 Wolf Large Pistol Primers on line for $59.00 plus 27.50 hazmat charge. Since I'm new to reloading, I don't know if Wolf primers are ok and if this is a reasonable price. I'll be reloading .45 acp and .45 Colt rounds.
    Target Sports

kantor99

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    United States
    Appreciate the advice. I actually was able to pick up 500 large pistol primers at Nagels. Their limit on small pistol primers is 100, but you can get 500 of other sizes. I think I'm in pretty good shape now. I've got some .45 acp bullets, some primers, some powder and my press should arrive on Wednesday. If you all hear a large bang Saturday afternoon in San Antonio, I've started reloading.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Wolf primers work just fine. I've gone thru thousands in every flavor and they all went bang when they should. Only 1 minor gripe. The small rifle primers I had been using in my 223 loads got pierced by the firing pin in my AR. The pin got a tiny dimple in the tip after that so I replaced it. I felt like it would have more easily pierced other primers if I left it in the rifle. The finish on the sr primers was a copper color. Maybe they should have had an additional coating of nickel or something on them but otherwise they are GTG.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I've found various assortments at Carter Country on I10. Mostly CCI (small pistol and small rifle), but also remington and winchester. I have never used those primers I've only used CCI so I can't say how good or not good they are.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Appreciate the advice. I actually was able to pick up 500 large pistol primers at Nagels. Their limit on small pistol primers is 100, but you can get 500 of other sizes. I think I'm in pretty good shape now. I've got some .45 acp bullets, some primers, some powder and my press should arrive on Wednesday. If you all hear a large bang Saturday afternoon in San Antonio, I've started reloading.

We hear loud bangs day and night in San Antonio. Don't know whether to schnit or grin!

Top Bottom