Left side.jpg

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It is - thing is, I'm hearing that it's starting to head that direction in some areas - don't think it's that bad yet - but once they hit a certain level, it's like a pack o' roaches, they multiply so fast!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    'bout the worst I've ever seen was a huge herd in Laredo back in the early 90's. I'd say easily 100+ javelina. We managed to take out about 30 or so - we were both runnin' AR's & AK's w/30-rd mags - emptied one, grabbed the other, and one of the hands would slap another mag in. I know we had to have run at least 70 rounds each that morning - there were freakin' dead and dyin' hogs all over - we weren't ABOUT to get outta the back of that truck and go into the brush lookin' for 'em!

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    'bout the worst I've ever seen was a huge herd in Laredo back in the early 90's. I'd say easily 100+ javelina. We managed to take out about 30 or so - we were both runnin' AR's & AK's w/30-rd mags - emptied one, grabbed the other, and one of the hands would slap another mag in. I know we had to have run at least 70 rounds each that morning - there were freakin' dead and dyin' hogs all over - we weren't ABOUT to get outta the back of that truck and go into the brush lookin' for 'em!
    i have done the same thing and still do the same thing....

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Lets get pronounciation out of the way and then go to what firearm is preferred to killing them. We Texans talk a little different than people up "Nawth" and we don't pronounce hogs like "haags" likewise dogs is not pronounced "daags" . We prounounce them as hawgs and dawgs and there you got it ! If you differ its not Texas' problem.

What I might prefer for hawg killing would be an AK or SKS in 7.62X39mm with soft nose ammo, .44 magnum or .45LC lever action rifle, .50 cal Hawken, anything handy with lots of muzzle energy. For they I may have offended, a Modelo or Dos Equies beer the next time we run together !

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    When the landowner has 6,000 acres overrun with javelina, getting the "okay" to take severe measures to get the population back under control isn't hard to do. Some areas don't generally get overrun, but it happens, and when it does you either get things in hand or you're going to have a real problem on your hands.

Top Bottom